New Books by Nicolas TERRY

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
NL3181

Post by NL3181 »

TERRY Nicolas wrote:Hi all
Some last news about the book :
I'm yet in the correction and need to draw diagram at least 4 pages of the eagle
You mean you draw Coung's Eagle diagrams yourself ? :o

I always thought the authors submit the diagrams to you for publishing....
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Yeah they do. I believe what happens is that the authors submit diagrams, and then Nicolas redraws them so that they are consistent.
NL3181

Post by NL3181 »

Oh i c .......Nicolas re-draws them ,
i thought usually you can just publish the diagrams directly... :lol:
TERRY Nicolas

Post by TERRY Nicolas »

In fact, it's more complex than that.
Of course it's better for me to receive diagram.
But I don't want to create a compilation of diagrams. It's not a convention booklet, it's a book. In this way, I need to work a lot on ALL diagrams in order to obtain the same display.

There is 3 possibility :

1/ Author submit a diagram in freehand or other vectoriel program : I just need to change the front page to add details (same front page for all models) and change all font, comment, arrows, creases in the file ... etc to have the same display for all the book. Also as the first page include only 4 steps, I need to move each step in order to start step 5 in the second page.

2/ Author have a diagram but I can't export it correctly in my vectorial program. In this case, I need to draw a part of the diagram or find a way to adapt the original file in the most similar display.

3/ The author don't have diagram. As you can read in my presentation at the beginning of the topic, I choose the author and most often the models. Sometimes, the authors can't draw it for many reason. So I draw it myself from their notes or because they teach me directly when I met them.
I do that for example for Eagle by Nguyen, Pteranodon by Lang, Acrocinus by Albertino, Cat by GIang Dinh

Nicolas
http://www.passionorigami.com : all the latest news about origami
Adam

Post by Adam »

The Boxing Mantis looks absolutely amazing! And the Swordsman looks exceptionally complex.
I'm glad to see that there's a model made by Quentin in it as well.
Can't wait to finally get my hands on this book.
dragon man

Post by dragon man »

will it be available off amazon.co.uk?
TERRY Nicolas

Post by TERRY Nicolas »

Thanks Adam

> amazon.co.uk??

No, only in my shop and some origami associations like AEP, Origami USA, CDO, MFPP, maybe BOS ...etc . I might have a solution for those who live in South of America with a local importer but not sure yet.

Nicolas
NL3181

Post by NL3181 »

Can i pre-order the book now ???
TERRY Nicolas

Post by TERRY Nicolas »

>Can i pre-order the book now ???

Unfortunately not yet. I m actually in Japan and can t manage any pre order

Some last news about the book :
- Eagle diagram finish : 222 steps , 17 pages, 6h to fold
- I ve presented the book to JOAS team here and receive many good feedback, particularlt fro; Hideo Komatsu. I m very happy
- I should be able to zork on the cover zhen I come back for a publication in middel of november

Nicolas
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Hej, when you are still there, could you ask Komatsu when his book will finally be published?
JVega

Post by JVega »

Yes, you should say to him:"Write your own book instead of talking so much!" hehe.
"Keep On Folding!!"

bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

origami_8 wrote:Hej, when you are still there, could you ask Komatsu when his book will finally be published?
is it really a matter of komatsu? seems to me the hold up is gallery origami house. i mean, technically, all his stuff is diagrammed on computer already. so it's just a matter of putting it to print. it's worth noting they haven't published anything since kamiya's book, and for awhile there, it looked like they were on a spree (origami insects 1&2 and kamiya's book came out relatively close to one another) and suddenly we haven't got anything.

i mean, if komatsu's book came out in spiral binding a la OUSA i think people would still be willing to pay outrageous prices.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I'd still buy it if it would be a loose collection of diagrams without any binding.
Rdude

Post by Rdude »

I emailed origami house, and they said that the book is in the preliminary planning stages, but that it is there intent to eventually publish it.

On a more on topic note, I am really looking forward to buying your book Nicolas!
If you can't fold it, try a bazooka.
My Flickr ->
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rdudevr55/
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

bethnor wrote:it's worth nothing they haven't published anything since kamiya's book, and for awhile there, it looked like they were on a spree (origami insects 1&2 and kamiya's book came out relatively close to one another)
Don't forget Nishikawa!

Anyhow, I think Hojyo gets the next book. And I think it's called Origami Insects III...

And I would for-sure buy Komatsu's book.