Box-pleating - How to ?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
firtha12

Box-pleating - How to ?

Post by firtha12 »

So How do I use Origami Techniques such as Box-pleating to create Origami Models.

What are some Basics to understanding ways of creating Origami Models using Box-pleating.

I want to create Origami Warriors and things I see in Video Games or on TV or even On the Internet using Box-pleating so How do I start I mean I look at something and say right I want to make this into a Origami Paper Model.

What do Origami Artists do when they look at things how does there mind think of a crease pattern or some type of way to create it using box-pleating.

Please someone HELP ME understand Origami more.
-
If possible please someone make a Series of Origami Box-pleating Video Tutorials on Youtube which would HELP US Origami Fans out alot.

:)
Kyle2952

Re: Box-pleating - How to ?

Post by Kyle2952 »

Origami Design secrets. this book is the best tool to learn how to design using any technique. It also takes practice.. the more things you design, the better you will get. I have so many really bad models that i will never show anybody..
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/89546245@N05
Comments welcome!!
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Go to http://www.origamiaustria.at/en/articles.php and check the articles on this subject.
kareshi

Post by kareshi »

Please stop.
chesscuber98
Forum Sensei

Post by chesscuber98 »

^He is right. You cant expect to learn every technique over such a short period of time and even become an expert in it. It took me 1 year to learn even the most basic concepts of design. The more you fold you will see how various designers used techniques in their models. It takes time and patience.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

The best way to learn BP is to practice. Serioursly, find some boxpleated CP on flickr (as BP diagrams are very rare) and fold them out. Eventually, you'll end up understanding how points are produced and stuff. If you can't fold from CPs yet, I suggest you wait before attempting to design BP models.

If you do, however, I'll also say this: BP is very useful to try small portions of a model out. Try folding a small grid and improvising with 45° diagonals. Here's a starting goal for you: find at least 3 different configurations for a 5-fingered hand.
kareshi

Post by kareshi »

I forget how many times the poster has asked the same question- if you read the tone in them, it's apparent he has no interest in doing his own research, so don't bother telling him to fold this or that. He is only asking for a step-by-step, specific guide on how do design, and has specifically said he's not going to go through ODS. Please, sombody do years' worth of work for him and create a new, in-depth guide to designing (that he will say is too complicated and continue asking)
Last edited by kareshi on April 11th, 2013, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

I just took a look at OP's post history and I have to agree with you, kareshi.
I dunno about you, firtha12, but if kareshi's post was directed at me, I'd definitely take a different attitude towards designing.
Benlewisorigami

Post by Benlewisorigami »

Ok so I have seen you post this same thing at least 5+ times on the forum and I must say that it's totally wrong. You start several new posts asking people on how to design. I have one answer. FOLD FROM CPS! That's pretty much the only way you are gonna learn how to design unless you read ODS and have a pretty broad knowledge of math. Sorry if I sound rude, but there are no shortcuts to designing awesome models. Look at most of the people on flickr who fold amazingly realistic models and design stuff, Karol Kafarski, Artur Biernacki, Shuki Kato, Djordje Jovanovic.. Etc. They fold for years from CP's to learn.

Ben
I would rather fail trying than fail without trying....

My flickr :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/89213771@N06/
Kundalini

Post by Kundalini »

I am starting in designing,

i think the link of bp should be in some permanent part of this forum it is THE GUIDE to be able to fold a cp from a box pleated model in my opinion. We have a lot of information on internet but sometimes is difficult to find a source of quality.