Satoshi Kamiya Design Technique

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
rockmanex6

Re: Satoshi Kamiya Design Technique

Post by rockmanex6 »

Some efficient some not as. He influenced from Maekawa's devil. Popular artist before kamiya and still is that used 22.5 and show how a model can have so many part!. On contrary I think there was he used some logic math when he design the diet devil and needed to fix adjust a part of the model. If it didn't collapse flat or porportion to fix, the result he decide was in his head, then drawn out to cp (ex ver 1.0 to 1.1 minor adjustment in an area)... Then at his time was Hojo, (the tiger) another influence. For even bahamut (clip in tv champion playing FF and fold it.. first initial design, took several tries before final result was expect). I remember Kamiya was very satisfy the result of his Tenma. Hes not kind when asked questions for models etc. Recaled "Ganbate try try again 10 time, after 10 time if you can't collapse it come ask again". But can help resolve design issues (think this question he enjoys more). Kamiya became major influence in the 90's and 2000. Now there is many artist with many different approaches (like Morisue, Morimoto, then chan for more of the lang approach "ODS is good for designer who would like to start with beginning design" is another recall.) In the 2000s he talk use of "pytagorean stretch" in end of robert langs design class with him. His old plus new model scatter different place. As the site just updates when he feels. There is semi complete namelist there of most model there (but no photo) like old: Xenogear, Sonic, Gozilla vs Mosra, Sephiroth 2009 and Wiz of Oz: Scarecrow (Kakashi). New model he put (maybe not 2014 new) is Jackalope update. With few other don't reach this site like Evangelion angel. I likes best way design fold different part with 22.5 boxpleet.