what glue should I use?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
AustinGrayOrigami

Re: what glue should I use?

Post by AustinGrayOrigami »

Try cmc
quiet marverick

Post by quiet marverick »

Mir Numaan wrote:how do you guys make make tissue foil paper larger than 30 cm? just overlap the foil or...
I know the problem. You mean your foil is only 30cm wide? I have 44cm foil but I have your problem with tf larger than 44cm^^
So you glue one foil stripe as fast as you can. Than place the next stripe overlapping 1cm and make glue on it. Than you roll on the tissue and also make the other side. Don't try to place the two foil stripes side by side because than the paper has a weak point.

Allex
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Lay a strip of foil out on your table. Lay a strip of foil next too it with a little bit of overlap. Sprayglue or use white glue on the foil. Use a tube to roll the tissue out on the foil. Make two small rips in the foil all the way to the corners of the foil. Gently flip it over. Use to tube to flatten if needed. Glue the other side. Now use another tube to place the next tissue. You can see from the rips in the foil where you want to start unrolling your tissue. Hang it on a cuboard or something for two hours. Cut away the foil that is sticking out, I cut away 1cm of tissue on all for sides. Now you got a big rectangle of tissue foil. You could make 60cm square. I usually cut it up to 6 sheets of 30cm.
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

thanks very much for the help Allex and roodborst! it will help me a ton.
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

is it better to color tissue paper, before or after gluing onto foil ?
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

can someone tell me how to peel off tissue paper after treating it with MC? it looks impossible :cry:
GrossMichael

Post by GrossMichael »

If you used glass you can take a blade and scratch it off.
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

yes i did use glass, but when i start peeling, the paper just refuses to leave the glass and rips off. :(
Edg

Post by Edg »

If you have a plant mister type spray bottle you can spray a fine mist into the air above the sheet, just to dampen it very slightly (a damp cloth may work, but I haven't tried it!) leave it a little while then it should lift off more easily. It only wants to be ever so slightly damp though. Also, try leaving a little strip of card/folded foil just under one edge of the sheet, to give you a starting point for lifting off. Some times cutting a thin strip round the edge of the sheet with a sharp knife, while its still stuck down, provides a cleaner removal. Hope this helps!
GrossMichael

Post by GrossMichael »

It stuck to the glass probably because it wasn't very clean. Make sure that the glass is clean and it shouldn't happen again.
eric_son

Post by eric_son »

How about treating the glass with car wax before MCing the tissue paper?
I also do card models -- http://cutfoldpaste.blogspot.com