Robert J. Lang Origami House new book?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Bugfolder

Re: Robert J. Lang Origami House new book?

Post by Bugfolder »

@gordigami, @Rassmatass: thanks for looking out for me, but I'm always happy to answer questions. But I don't get over to this forum very often, so feel free to poke me via my website (as Mir kindly did).

@sr123ification: there's no quotas on contacting, so feel free to ask multiple things/multiple times. (No guarantees on the answer, of course. ;o))

@everyone else: The new design, "Katydid", was destined for a new book from GOH that was going to be a compilation (many contributors). Fairly recently, they told me it was on indefinite hold, with no details (GOH communications are not known for loquacity). Sounded like it was still in the "eventual" category. I'd been embargoing the design for the book, but with no publication date in sight, I figured I'd at least show it:
http://www.langorigami.com/art/gallery/ ... =katydid_1

More recently (last few days), they've asked me for another design at the "complex" (not supercomplex) level for another book. Haven't decided yet what (if) that will be. I also don't know the details of the publication. (The ways of GOH are sometimes inscrutable.)

And as for the "secret" project, which is probably the worst-kept secret in the history of origami, my next book project is the long-delayed, but still active, so-called "tessellation" book, which has rather morphed into something more like a book of origami mathematics in which tessellations figure heavily. That's getting most of my book-writing energies, and it's coming along, with a hoped-for MS completion sometime this year. (It'll be published by CRC Press, the successor to A K Peters.)
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

Thank you for clearing that up, Dr. Lang! And I thought It would've been rude to disturb you two times...
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!
Justinorigami

Post by Justinorigami »

It is a shame there isn't another insect book coming. I remember when I first discovered insects 2. I was amazed, and had a great time folding the models.

I'm just glad that you are still contributing excellent models to the origami community. :D
Then one day you find, ten years have got behind you. No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time
conundrumachinist

Post by conundrumachinist »