What do you do with origami?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Acorn Man

What do you do with origami?

Post by Acorn Man »

What do you guys do with your origami after its folded and done? I can't think of a way to store it without damaging it. Thanks.
I finally got it to say something under my posts!
Earlobes

Re: What do you do with origami?

Post by Earlobes »

If it's a test fold or something, then it goes in the origami graveyard afterwards.
kareshi

Post by kareshi »

Take a good picture, then throw it in a box.
Kabuntan

Post by Kabuntan »

Leave it in a public place, it can be adopted by a bypasser!

You can even write this forum URL on it, or tuck a piece of paper with said URL inside, or anything else.
Acorn Man

Post by Acorn Man »

Sounds good, to the crawl space with you all! It would be funny to leave it in Walmart with the URL on it.
I finally got it to say something under my posts!
l0lm4tt

Post by l0lm4tt »

If it's a dragon I display it with my other dragons in my room. sometimes I would hang it up with thread to make it looklike it is flying. If it's an insect I display it with my other insects. Any old, simple or amateurishly made model gets stuffed in one of my drawers
Check out my flickr page
Wuggums47

Post by Wuggums47 »

To me the best part of Origami is giving them away. 99% of the origami I have folded belongs to someone else now. You would be surprised how much a gift of origami can brighten up someones day. The other day I gave away a Model that was somewhat complex (man on a desert island-Jeremy Shafer). The person I gave it to was a friendly Librarian that I met for the first time. I'm not sure if we'll ever meet again, but something tells me she'll remember it for quite a while. I've found that if I do not give away my Origami, it quickly takes over the house.
Be who you are, do things because you want to do them, and stop caring what others think. Then you'll be happy.
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

I keep at least one of every model I fold, but I give away or sell most of the duplicates. (Everything I fold is my own design so it's alright. xD)
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
gamag

Post by gamag »

What kind of models do you sell? And to whom do you sell them? From my experience, people won't buy any origami exept from some cheep balls to put at the cristmas tree.
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

Depending on where, I just sell "recognizable" models to the general public. But I'm looking into craft shows, etc.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Caradhruin

Post by Caradhruin »

The idea of leaving them somewhere outside is wonderful, and I'll definitely do it! But because I like to know who takes them, I've just created a new email address... Everytime I'll leave one somewhere, I'll attach to it a piece of paper with the name of the origami, its birth date and the request to write an email if they adopt it!
I'm really curious to see if it works... :D
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

My best designs get a place on the long mirror in my living room. Test and other folds go into a box. Although I tossed away half the box a while ago. There is a picture on my Flickr. What I fold on board the train I ride to work everyday I leave on my seat for the next person who comes in.
JWorigamist

Post by JWorigamist »

I sign them and put them in a shadow box and put it somewhere. I always take a picture of each one. Then with my test folds of humanoid figures such as the strategist and Sima Yi by Tran Trung Hieu I will make a stand for them out of paperclips and glue it on to their legs and I keep them in a box.
Ouch! Are you okay? Well...let's see.. advanced box-pleating techniques, Satoshi Kamiya, yeah I'm good. If you fall down nine times get up ten times.
Benlewisorigami

Post by Benlewisorigami »

I tend to give mine away. Or for my best models, I keep on a shelf in my room
I would rather fail trying than fail without trying....

My flickr :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/89213771@N06/
origamipete
Forum Sensei

Post by origamipete »

If it's a test fold, it gets tossed in a dust bin if it's crap, or a big box (without much care) if it's something i want to return to later.
if it's an exhibition-worthy piece, it gets photographed and sometimes displayed on my desk/shelf for a while, and then carefuly put in a box. when the time comes, I take them out for the display* and then store them again.
shame to say I don't have individual boxes for my models...yet... but i'm working on it :D

i also fold public transport tickets and other small similar papers that get thrown out most of the time, and i leave those in random places for bypassers to find :D

I also have experience with workshops, and in this case people take the models home, or I throw them out after the workshop ends.

*here is my life-sized (1 m long) Diplocaulus on display: