Where can I buy Korean Convention 2014 and Korean Origami

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
kaoquanzhu

Where can I buy Korean Convention 2014 and Korean Origami

Post by kaoquanzhu »

Hi everyone .

I want to buy Korean Convention 2014 ,Where can I buy Korean Convention 2014 ,thank you .,
Last edited by kaoquanzhu on August 14th, 2014, 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
greencube07

Re: Where can I buy Korean Convention 2014 and Korean Origa

Post by greencube07 »

I don't think this question is appropriate as for a topic,but since I have the answer for you, I guess I'll answer.
First of all, it's not 'Korean convention 2014', it's 'Korean Convention book 2014'.
And also, there is no such thing as 'Korean convention book 2014' now since the convention has not started yet(It will be held later).
And third, Korean Origami Society is not selling any of their convention books to the public. If you want to get it, You have to participate the convention.
Fourth, our Society does not publish nor sell such thing like 'Korean Origami Magazine'.
If you have any further questions,please send me PM.
kaoquanzhu

Post by kaoquanzhu »

Thank you very much for your reply,because I saw this picture in a web page,I think 'Korean Convention book 2014 has been published,and I don't know Korean Origami Society is not selling any of their convention books to the public.now I know about Korean Convention book 2014 .thank you very much.
the picture is
http://photo.163.com/kaoquanzhu@126/#m= ... 8961211630
Last edited by kaoquanzhu on August 14th, 2014, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
greencube07

Post by greencube07 »

Phew...
A lot of you guys,foreigners misunderstood and gave us a lot of questions about that book.
As I said before, Korean Convention Book(s) are not really aimed for selling,but to give all the visitors,contributors it as for 'thanking'.
Some does sell out those books by purchasing a lot in the conventions,but that's just minor cases and basically,we don't sell them.
And also,as I said just above, we didn't had our convention in 2014,so the book called 'Korean Convention Book 2014' that you are trying to find does not exist.
The book you mentioned in that link is NOT a convention book, it's just a book of origami works that is only sold in Korea(btw, its number of stock is limited).
I mean,can't you guys read that? 'Raison d'etre of origami' is the title of that book,it's obviously not a convention book..
We are really anxious about getting e-mails of these same questions,I hope that no one would send us any e-mails related to these questions anymore.
Forum_Lurker

Post by Forum_Lurker »

greencube07 wrote:The book you mentioned in that link is NOT a convention book, it's just a book of origami works that is only sold in Korea(btw, its number of stock is limited).
I mean,can't you guys read that? 'Raison d'etre of origami' is the title of that book,it's obviously not a convention book..
Its actually not all that obvious that this is not a convention book, the "2014" is a bit misleading.
kaoquanzhu

Post by kaoquanzhu »

greencube07 wrote:Phew...
A lot of you guys,foreigners misunderstood and gave us a lot of questions about that book.
As I said before, Korean Convention Book(s) are not really aimed for selling,but to give all the visitors,contributors it as for 'thanking'.
Some does sell out those books by purchasing a lot in the conventions,but that's just minor cases and basically,we don't sell them.
And also,as I said just above, we didn't had our convention in 2014,so the book called 'Korean Convention Book 2014' that you are trying to find does not exist.
The book you mentioned in that link is NOT a convention book, it's just a book of origami works that is only sold in Korea(btw, its number of stock is limited).
We are really anxious about getting e-mails of these same questions,I hope that no one would send us any e-mails related to these questions anymore.
I know it。thank you very much.
Last edited by kaoquanzhu on August 14th, 2014, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

@kaoquanzhu:
greencube07 wrote: Fourth, our Society does not publish nor sell such thing like 'Korean Origami Magazine'.
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!
kaoquanzhu

Post by kaoquanzhu »

greencube07 wrote:I don't think this question is appropriate as for a topic,but since I have the answer for you, I guess I'll answer.
First of all, it's not 'Korean convention 2014', it's 'Korean Convention book 2014'.
And also, there is no such thing as 'Korean convention book 2014' now since the convention has not started yet(It will be held later).
And third, Korean Origami Society is not selling any of their convention books to the public. If you want to get it, You have to participate the convention.
Fourth, our Society does not publish nor sell such thing like 'Korean Origami Magazine'.
Hi,thank you very much, Can you tell me about this magazine?,this si the cover

http://photo.163.com/kaoquanzhu@126/#m= ... 8961221790
pharmjod

Post by pharmjod »

Phew...
I haven't posted here in quite some time, but I must say, this has to be one of the rudest responses I have ever seen to what was an honest question (regardless of whether it should be a topic or not). Cut the "foreigners" some slack for being interested in some of the work being produced in your country.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

pharmjod wrote: I haven't posted here in quite some time, but I must say, this has to be one of the rudest responses I have ever seen to what was an honest question (regardless of whether it should be a topic or not). Cut the "foreigners" some slack for being interested in some of the work being produced in your country.
i have to point out that i think the poster's first language is not english, probably not by a long shot, which is going to enhance the brusqueness of any message.
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

Yeah, I tend to agree that the intent is not to be rude, more of a plea that they aren't set up to 'sell' more of the convention handouts. They may be getting a number of book requests behind the scenes, which they can't fill... and probably are trying not to hurt anyone's feelings... but that doesn't quite come across clearly in English...

However, if they responded in Korean, I know it wouldn't come across for me :-)

Plus, I'm sure there are people who will be offended by my email ... maybe if I wrote it in Texan... :-)
pharmjod

Post by pharmjod »

Yes it is pretty obvious that the posters first language isn't English. That said, a better than average grasp of the English language was demonstrated and the tone still comes across as very short and somewhat snarky. If the poster simply typed a response in Korean and used Google translate to copy and paste in English, so be it. I don't think that is the case.

A VERY simple "I am sorry, at this time we are unable to sell the book outside of the convention but thank you for your interest" would have sufficed.

Also, correcting a person's grammar / syntax / description of something in a post that is also fraught with it's own issues is again, snarky and unnecessary in any language.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Origamishop just uploaded a picture on there flickr. You can get it from there website.