Unryu: How to reverse without access from behind?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Foldtastic

Unryu: How to reverse without access from behind?

Post by Foldtastic »

So, i've been folding with MC treated Unryu and have run into a problem.

if i have a sink fold that I am trying to unsink and because of the model design, I don't have access to push from behind the sink fold, there seems to be no possible way to cause the fold to unsink. The same issue occurs with some reverse folds without access to push from behind.

With other types of more springy paper like Tant and kami, the paper is springy enough that i can push on the corners or stretch it to get it to reverse. But no luck with Unryu.

I was wondering, does anyone have any techniques to recommend to pull off these manuvers with Unryu?

The only think I could think of was to have some sort of glue that sticks to the paper and a string so that i can pull the paper out....then I could maybe get rid of that glue with another chemical, water, or heat.
Last edited by Foldtastic on October 19th, 2014, 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baltorigamist

Re: Unryu: How do reverse without access from behind?

Post by Baltorigamist »

It depends if it's an open unsink or a closed one. If it's closed, the paper should be strong enough (I'm guessing) for you to pull the edges and unsink the flap.
If it's open, on the other hand, I would just treat it like a normal unsink--pinch a tiny bit of paper and gently coax it out.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Re: Unryu: How do reverse without access from behind?

Post by OrigamiGeek »

you could try using tweesers and grabbing the paper!
Check out my gallery and don't forget to leave a comment!
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Re: Unryu: How to reverse without access from behind?

Post by qtrollip »

Sometimes suctioning it out also works. As in with your mouth. Wet your lips so you have a good closed seal.
Trust me.