School project

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
myself

School project

Post by myself »

Hello everyone,
At my school I will soon be allowed to skip classes (5 hours a week) and work on 'a project' because my average grades are above a 7.5. This 'project' means I have to do something big, but it can be about anything I want. I wanted to do something with origami, obviously. Anyway, I did the maths and I found out I have about 120 hours to fold so do you have any suggestions? My box-pleating skills are a lot better than last year,so one of the ryujin versions is definately an option. Which one would you recommend? And does anyone know how long it takes approximately? Thanks in advance.
Midas
Baltorigamist

Re: School project

Post by Baltorigamist »

Maybe try to design/fold a mantis shrimp? xD
I have a CP for one on my Flickr that doesn't take too long to fold. I do need to update it to the newest version though.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
myself

Post by myself »

I like the idea a lot! I don't know if I'm able to design one myself, but it's possible I guess. I've wanted to try one of yours for quite some time anyway, so a CP for your latest version would be great.
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

I have limited access to Flickr at the moment, but this link should take you to the newest CP I have posted: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7396/139 ... d46f_n.jpg It essentially looks the same as the current version of the model; the only difference is the routing of the river near the raptorial appendage.
If you do fold it, I'm anxious to see the result, and I'm willing to help you if you run into any trouble. :)
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
myself

Post by myself »

Thanks a lot for the CP! I'll probably start the test fold this weekend.
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2wrg1w5&s=8

There's the updated CP. I'm not 100% sure on the upper right corner, so there's an extra crease there. But it should be workable.
It's an 80x80 grid, and I recommend at least 50-60cm paper or larger. (Mine was done with about 50cm.)
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr