Which papers to join? / origami-shop papers

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Origami_Sunshine

Which papers to join? / origami-shop papers

Post by Origami_Sunshine »

Hi there!

I just ordered a bunch of papers from origami-shop, and I'm starting to think about how I'll use them in the holidays (along with other paper I already have). What triggered this thought was looking at the selected papers for origami-shop's new book Drawing Origami, e.g. tant + tissue, or Tissue-foil + unryu. (I ordered the book only, because I've already got some of the paper.)

What kind of papers have people tried joining together (either to get 2 colors or for shaping purposes) or painted, how did you join them, and what was your experience / what did you fold?
In general, I've used MC for single and double unryu, made homemade tissue foil, and painted Tant and Tissue-foil with acrylics… but I'm wondering about other possibilities.

Or, any tips on how I would join some of the examples on the link above? (MC vs. glue; which surface to apply on -- e.g. for Tissue-foil)
My Flickr -- Please come take a look!
- Teddies are awesome. -
ginshun

Re: Which papers to join? / origami-shop papers

Post by ginshun »

My experience is about the same as yours, and I have also done Unryu + Kozo, which makes a nice, if a little thicker paper. Also I've done 3 sheets of art tissue (the thin stuff that the color bleeds) MC'd together. That works nice also, but does not yield two colored paper. I found doing only two pieces we too thin for my liking.

As far as how they are joined, I have always used MC to join papers and spray adhesive to do tissue foil. Always on glass.
TERRY Nicolas

Re: Which papers to join? / origami-shop papers

Post by TERRY Nicolas »

I only use spray glue to join papers. That's work for all.
I mainly join Tissue-foil with Unryu or Tissue-paper
Nicolas
http://www.passionorigami.com : all the latest news about origami