Book for beginner

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Girvan82

Book for beginner

Post by Girvan82 »

Hi everyone just new to this forum and was looking for some help with what books to get to help me advance my origami at the moment I have folded a crane a 2d owl a couple of diffrent boxes a 2d squirrel all pretty basic stuff I know most folds inside and outside reverse,rabbit ear,mountain and valley folds still get a bit stuck on sinks so was looking for a book that can help me progress on to better stuff thanks in advance for anyone who helps
valerite

Re: Book for beginner

Post by valerite »

When I was just learning to fold, John Montroll's Teach Yourself Origami was a great resourse.
Montoll's other books are also ordered simple to complex, and are great for progressing your skill. I highly reccomend these books for learning origami. Some of his books are African Animals in Origami, North American Animals in Origami, and Prehistsoric Origami. He has many others too (including a few books for beginners specifically), I'd look around on the web. Most of his books are published by Dover.

Kunihiko Kasahara's Creative Origami is full of fun simple models, and by the same author there are other books including Origami Omnibus (paperfolding for everyone) that I also enjoy. Some of those books are not in print I do believe. :(

I do not know of many more simple origami books but I hope this helped you find a good resourse.