Oripa Development

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Foldtastic

Re: Oripa Development

Post by Foldtastic »

RK - The_Creator wrote:A feature I'd love would be to be able to choose any image for the computer as background.

An idea would be that cp and background image are on different levels and you can select which one to view. So it is possible to only view the background or only the CP but also to draw the CP on top of the background-image.

This feature would be very usefull in oripa for example for handdrawn CPs which could then be directly transcribed.
Maybe this could be solved if the entire oripa window was transparent and there was another program with the image behind it. Here's a program to do it: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/44915/ho ... windows-7/
ShuaiJanaiDesu

Post by ShuaiJanaiDesu »

LeoSuggate wrote:
Baltorigamist wrote:It would be nice if you could use the "two points on a line" feature without having it go all the way across the square.
I know what you mean. So, the option would ask you to specify two end lines, and two points which the line passes through, correct?
I, personally, want an option to add a vertex that bisects a given line. But what you said would work too.

Another thing I'd like would be to zoom and move around the crease pattern. Currently you can only zoom to the center of the crease pattern. (or maybe I just don't know about it :P)
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

You can move around while zoomed if you right-click and hold. xD
I agree about the bisecting vertex, though.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Dj origami

Post by Dj origami »

That's funny I also had that problem 1 year ago XD I was drawing Sierpinski gasket cp and some lines were really small and i was so pissed off...

Anyways, oripa needs ability that will allow you to scale the square to a certain number, currently square's size is 400*400 and when you are drawing some complex cp's like The white hare of Inaba by Morisue Kei or Ryujin 3.5 with shaped scales, you wouldn't be able to make some of the very small lines. My solution is making a new square inside Oripa and then changing the "paper-size" in opx file date...It would be a LOT easier to do that in program right a way.

Also it needs bigger grids, I know this might sound crazy but origami world is developing fast and I believe there will be models that are based on bigger grids.
Metangas

Post by Metangas »

This is more tech-related and someone might know a readily available fix, but I would love for Oripa to not freak out about my screen's resolution. Rocking 3840x2160 makes a lot of programs think my screen is 4x as big as it is in turn making buttons cumbersomely small.
Poor student passing by!