Need help with Fujimoto "Sweet"

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Tom&Neva

Need help with Fujimoto "Sweet"

Post by Tom&Neva »

Hi all.

I do all the precrease really nice and strong and then when you have to unfold all the steps and push the paper in the collapse gets to be impossible. I have made one so far and its a bit messy. Anybody have some luck with this one?

All the best!
Brimstone
Buddha

Re: Need help with Fujimoto "Sweet"

Post by Brimstone »

I haven't folded the Sweet but I folded the Skeleton Complex which is somehow similar.

My advice is make a "tube", overlap whatever number of "columns" you need to overlap and start to shape it from the center to the ends.
Tom&Neva

Post by Tom&Neva »

Thank you for the reply. With your help the collapse was easier. I also used just a little bit of tape to hold the overlaps at both ends and in the middle just until the model collapsed because at these points the paper kept shifting (four layers is hard to control) and this helped very much, the tape is taken off when the model is finished. This is my 9th attempt:
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Congratulations, I'm glad I was of some help.
Tom&Neva

Post by Tom&Neva »

Thanks Brimstone. I am now having trouble with the Skeleton Complex. I just cant seem to collapse it. Its really giving my brain a workout!!
Tom&Neva

Post by Tom&Neva »

Its funny how the models we think will be "simple" end up giving us a hard time! It's not that it is a very hard model it's just that it is hard to figure out what method will give a model that has sharp presentation and stands up straight (like yours Brimstone!)! Well here is my rendition after 7 attempts (and it still sucks!)!

Couple of tips to add:
A bit thicker card stock, at least until you get the hang of it.
After you finish folding with sharp creases refold the entire mode with mid pressure creases as this helps to bring back the "memory" of the paper. Until I did this I was never able to finish the model as the paper would "give up" and by going over the creases with mid pressure the model almost collapsed on its own.

On Stardream paper>
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/ ... 3759_n.jpg
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Congratulations again. Some models really test you origami ability even if you've folded a lot of models before.