Please help me about protect origami design

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
benki263

Please help me about protect origami design

Post by benki263 »

I am paper gun design. Every time I create a new video tutorial on how to make paper gun model (designed by me) on youtube, then a few days later another channel copied my design and make a new video tutorial. I have to how to protect their design ideas. please help me. thank you
Bass

Re: Please help me about protect origami design

Post by Bass »

This is a hurdle that you will need to decide for yourself. Because we are a bit of a niche in terms of art, there are not as many ground rules or protections that say a musician would have. You can report the videos for copyright infringement and that is about all outside of trying to take any official legal actions. And then if you do take legal actions, all you have is a Youtube account to contact and they can easily ignore you or make another account.

I generally don't post anymore because of that. It's not worth it to me to risk having someone else take credit for my work so I only design for myself. That's not necessarily the right or wrong answer, it's just a personal decision about your designs that you will have to make. You are your own watchdog for your designs, so your options really depend on how much you want to show the world versus how much you want to protect your work.
Kabuntan

Post by Kabuntan »

You can put a semi-transparent watermark (with your name or nickname or website etc.) in the middle of your video, so a copy of it will still give you credit.

For example:
Kundalini

Post by Kundalini »

I think you may need to do a video with great quality.

Maybe your video has lower quality of your competence then you can post "original video" and the link in his threads. You will have more followers because of quality.