Christmas Origami Book 2016

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
franz

Re: Christmas Origami Book 2016

Post by franz »

I don´t have any problems if Anna releases the previous books. Every solution is ok for me (bundle, download-link, ...)

This year I haven´t managed to design or let alone to diagram anything - and compiling a xmas-book is even more work - so I understand Anna.
franz
Tankoda

Post by Tankoda »

I am okay if you open them for free download.
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

I forget if I submitted anything for some of the ones that would be going free, but I wouldn't object. If too many people deem it unfavorable to release them for free, you could possibly have another mod just work with sending the appropriate back issues
maxdanger

Post by maxdanger »

I only started publishing in the book last year so this won't affect me for a few years however I think after 5 years most designers wouldn't mind. They will have new models to publish and will not be too worried about their old designs being available - I wouldn't at least. And anyway isn't origami about sharing designs? (mostly for a fee)

You could always sell the old books on Origami-Shop really cheaply so they are not quite free but still easily accessible to those who really want them but haven't designed any models - and then you can be rewarded for all the hard work you put into the books.

Also if you would like any help compiling the book this year or managing the emails then I would be happy to help and I am sure other designers would too.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Thanks for the offer.

I really don't want to get any money involved, because then it would really get complicated. As it seems now there are no big complaints against putting the books older than five years online. So I guess I'll just do. For me that's the easiest way as it just means to remove the password protection. With four or five back issues remaining unpublished there is also still incentive to get some more diagrams in to get old issues.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Just a short update, so far I got 43 instructions for this year's book, but usually I get the most diagrams on the last possible date, so there will surely be more in the final book.
There are only a few days left to get your diagrams in, so make sure to get them done as soon as possible.
swamy

Post by swamy »

Thank you Anna for the wonderful Christmas Origami Collections 2016.

Swamy