Who is your origami idol?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
lotsofsnails

Post by lotsofsnails »

Mine is Robert Lang. Without the technical/mathematical design methods he discovered, origami wouldn't be as advanced as it is today. Without him I could never have designed complex models. I also find his models very enjoyable to fold, my favourite origami book being origami insects.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Hmm... I would have to say Eric Joisel. I admire how he can shape paper so well.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
thevoid

Post by thevoid »

i have many origami idols, but at the moment it is satoshi kamiya!

his models are just amazing :D
my Origami Gallery
anermak
Buddha

Post by anermak »

I do not think, that an idol a correct word... I very much like works Sipho Mabona I consider as his best in origami though it is possible probable to all fault its his paper...
Kaimon

Post by Kaimon »

my idols are the following:
- Eric Joisel has developed a unique and very artistic style. it's fun to watch the expressionistic faces of his characters
- Nicolas Terry´s models show his creativity and that he takes much pleasure in folding
- Takashi Hoyjo is a true artist and his work is really amazing
- Jun Maekawa´s models are great fun to fold
- Komatsu Hideo creates models that look quite natural. i suppose the (bit more difficult) structure of "alternative" angles to be the reason for this.
- Satoshi Kamiya just creates perfect models but he hasn't found his own style yet
iAm4free

Post by iAm4free »

Mmm... I have followed very few books... Only reason being they weren't available to me... Now have a few of Montroll's Books. Need to fold a few models.

Edwin's models fascinate me coz they're simple and kinda cute. Its like I feel like just looking at them after folding them. I like things which are not too complex. Complex stuff is not my cup of tea... So I go with Edwin Corrie.
"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

- St. Francis of Assisi
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I haven't really seen a lot of Edwin's models, but I adore his scottie. I used to be obsessed with the little dogs, and I still like them a lot (However, I like Max Hulme's the most) :D
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
iAm4free

Post by iAm4free »

Cupcake wrote:I haven't really seen a lot of Edwin's models, but I adore his scottie. I used to be obsessed with the little dogs, and I still like them a lot (However, I like Max Hulme's the most) :D
There are a few models which are available on the internet, like the pig and the puppy dog. I got his books shipped from BOS. Last year. The sad part is I left them back at home in India.

Diagrams on Google
http://www.origami.cz/Bin/puppydog.gif
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/agb/Origami/coriduck.gif
http://www.britishorigami.info/practica ... pix/ec.gif

Models on Google
"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

- St. Francis of Assisi
OrigamiasaEnthusiast

Re: Who is your origami idol?

Post by OrigamiasaEnthusiast »

Have to say Lang, Kamiya, Elias, and some others.
"Ethics are annoying, I avoid them on principle."-B. Katt
Can't delete account, so I'll open up a new one indefinitely in the future.