Tadashi Mori?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
kareshi

Tadashi Mori?

Post by kareshi »

Origami artist, Youtuber Tadashi Mori. Has anyone heard from him lately? I can't find any online presence of his since June 2017. Is he all right?
steingar

Re: Tadashi Mori?

Post by steingar »

I suspect he got married, maybe had one or two spawn. Life can really get in the way of these kinds of projects.
kareshi

Post by kareshi »

I'm married with two spawn and didn't disappear off the earth though
steingar

Post by steingar »

kareshi wrote:I'm married with two spawn and didn't disappear off the earth though
You never had a pal drop off the face of the Earth after engaging with a new paramour? Also, it takes a crapload of time and energy to design new stuff, shoot videos, edit videos, and post videos for a hobby. Single guys have craploads of energy. Married guys less. Married guys with spawn even less.

Just a hunch. I don't know the guy and have no special insight, other than being a married guy with a house who has no time for anything.
kareshi

Post by kareshi »

I'm not saying he has to work for me. It's not about me needing new content, because I totally don't. But not even a tweet or comment or reaction anywhere since 2017?
steingar

Post by steingar »

Outa sight outa mind. I'm either on social media or off it. There is no try.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

kareshi wrote:I'm not saying he has to work for me. It's not about me needing new content, because I totally don't. But not even a tweet or comment or reaction anywhere since 2017?
well, we're glad you haven't disappeared, kareshi.

in fairness, for whatever reason, western origamists don't seem all that active on social media. for instance, kade chan hasn't posted a new video in 7 months, and seth friedman has also not posted any videos for two years. a lot just flat out move on, i would wager. brian chan appears to be drawing now, and i'm pretty sure the supposed book with gallery origami house is now in the can.
luscaspn

Post by luscaspn »

I recently visited Tadashi's facebook, and I didnt see any single word or pictures related to origami, he just seen to live a normal life, posts abot politics and those sh!t. Even before he stopped with the channel he started to design waaay simple models, and I couldnt fell any joy of folding paper in his words. As a brasilian I can say we lost our biggest and most important origamist/youtuber.
OrigamiasaEnthusiast

Post by OrigamiasaEnthusiast »

Dang he stopped...aw man he was amazing youtuber... always asked for permission and stuff.
"Ethics are annoying, I avoid them on principle."-B. Katt
Can't delete account, so I'll open up a new one indefinitely in the future.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

fyi it was apparently work.