General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
chillythingy

Post by chillythingy »

I'm a begginer, or semi-begginer to origami. Before the end of this summer, I only had knowledge with a younger children origami book, teaching you how to make the most elementary designs. I just then learned the universal system, since the book used a different method, and I was eager to make new origami figures. I could only make very few models, since more than halfway through others I got stumped with the directions. I came very close to making the Balrog, but near the end, I had done everything right, just the paper got too thick. I think I need thinner and larger paper to complete my future origami pieces, and I can't wait to go to the art store soon.

-Weston
I suck at drawing, I suck a painting, and I also suck at using any coloring device. But I can fold paper...
Friet

Post by Friet »

Welcome to the forum!

(oh and good paper doesn't neccesarily have to come from the artstore, in fact, I've never found any good paper in art&craft stores where I live. I just make it a habit to check every store I go to for things like thin packaging paper etc.)
origami93

Post by origami93 »

i get a lot of my supplies from wal-mart! they have a lot of shiny, thin wrapping paper. the paper also comes in red, orange, green, blue, black, white, and gold! they also have a wide variety of tissue paper. they even have spray adhesive there! cutting boards, exacto knifes, you name it! if my wal-mart has this stuff, then yours should too.
Laughing Buddha

Post by Laughing Buddha »

Friet wrote:Welcome to the forum!

(oh and good paper doesn't neccesarily have to come from the artstore, in fact, I've never found any good paper in art&craft stores where I live. I just make it a habit to check every store I go to for things like thin packaging paper etc.)
You see, there are some countries with NO good paper in our world as ours :)
The CIA is trying to kill me...
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Also if I remember having heard the name somewhen (maybe in a movie), I haven´t ever seen a wal-mart, don´t know if there is one in Europe.

Edit: Just read that there where some in germany but got saled to the metro group this year because of insolvency.