Buying at hqpapermaker.com. my experience

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
giro

Buying at hqpapermaker.com. my experience

Post by giro »

I want to explain my experience buying at http://www.hqpapermaker.com

Today arrive my paper from Thailand.
This is correctly packed, but this arrived a little destroyed.

I buy 876 foils of paper, and this i really cheap.Only 100$ for it(included delivery)

I buy handmade mulberry wrapping(70gsm), elephant dung paper(100gsm),tissue handmade mulberry(15gsm)

the only problem is that if you live far from Thailand it took 2 months.

I do not have any affiliation with them, is only my recommendation

Giro.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Hmm... 2 months is a bit long for paper to arrive, and I agree that the package is very destroyed... but it does seem to have good prices! Have you folded anything from these papers yet?
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
luqmanz

Post by luqmanz »

Hi, this is my first post.

I have ordered from http://www.hqpapermaker.com twice. This is my second package. Shipment to my place (Indonesia) is less than a week :D

Let's see what I got this time... assorted color saa 25 gsm, white mulberry tissue 15 gsm, elephant dung paper, printed saa, marbled saa etc).

LZ
(www.flickr.com/photos/OrigamiSTTS)

Post by avatar »

I was looking at the papers at HQPaperMaker and I was interested to find that the mulhberry paper is 20cm by 25cm is there a reason for this? I would think that it would be a square. Interesting...
luqmanz

Post by luqmanz »

Do you mean 20x25 inch? My papers size is 50cmx70cm.
I also don't know why most of the papers are in that size. Usually I cut them into 2 sheet of 35 cm square. But you can order custom cut (up to 130 cm x 2000 cm) for milled mulberry paper from HQ.

Can anyone suggest me how to combine several backcoated papers into a larger sheet? Is mending process done after backcoating? Or I must backcoat them altogether so they become one larger sheet when dry? Because I always get unsatisfying result, wavy and crumpled at glued part, or separation of 2 layers when I fold the paper :(

Thank you,
LZ

Post by avatar »

The packaged mulberry is in 20cm by 25cm... The individual sheets are 50cm by 17cm... Have you tried using a spray adhesive and rolling the paper onto the seam? I would think that would work possibly. I'm not sure though, just my thoughts...