Making your own origami paper

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
islandmassive

Making your own origami paper

Post by islandmassive »

Hi,

Has anyone made there own Origami paper before, and if you have, have you got any tips or your own special recipe that gets you the best results?

thnx :D
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Try here.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

buy this book it show makes paper Lafose advance origami

"......paper selection and preparation, advanced techniques such "as wet folding, and making your own paper, including specific recipes for paper for different "types of origami design

[img]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7141 ... kj7.th.jpg[/img]
Aurèle

Post by Aurèle »

What you ask is very depending the way you want to try : using already prepared fibers or grabbing local plants to make your paper.
Lafosse's book is excellent if you only start the process after the fiber cooking beating - i.e. if you buy your fibers into sheets or other -. If you want to make paper with all the process -from plant to sheet-, you need to try by yourself ;-) helping you with some books or friends (Japanese papermaking is the ultimate book to pick ideas, but some simple books on papermaking from plants are a good way to start)... and look at Lafosse AO too.
I had some tries with different plants I have cooked and prepared into paper, you can have a look on some experimentations at my gallery on the French forum.
Making good foldable paper from plants is rather hard because well-beating fibers without the help of an hollander may be really difficult, but it's a amazing adventure ;-)