URGENT HELP!!!

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
platypusguy

URGENT HELP!!!

Post by platypusguy »

i am trying to fold kamiya's ancient dragon out of tissue foil and I need to make some but don't have big enough foil, only about 30 cm, is it same to overlap some to make it begger or will that hurt me later on?
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

It shouldn't make too big a difference overall. Yes it will make the paper thicker (nearly twice as thick depending on your foil), making some details difficult to fold. (But even with single-layer tissue foil, the details of the Ancient Dragon are difficult to fold well).

You can also try joining the foil together without overlapping. As long as there are no important folds along the the joint (there should be in the ancient dragon), you'll be fine. You can use tape to hold the aluminum foil together, so the pieces are properly lined up and not overlapping.

And what's so urgent about this?
Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

I think the Ancient Dragon is his choice model for entering Origami By Children.

A double layer of tissue paper alone would probably be better depending on what you use to combine them. Unless you have some thin foil, I wouldn't suggest it.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I agree with Joe, double layer mc treated tissue paper is surely the better choice for this model. Half way through you will hate the foilpaper.
Overlaping edges won´t be such a big problem on this material as well.

Do a search on this Forum we have some interesting topics about this subject.
platypusguy

Post by platypusguy »

thanks guys, I used the single layer and it worked out fine, thanks for your help