Are there any women out there?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
rgieseking

Re: Are there any women out there?

Post by rgieseking »

@Cat.

I think it's going well :) I'm hoping to finish in a year or so, depending on how things go. I know what you mean about writing - it's amazing how much you realize you don't quite understand once you have to put it into words. Looking forward to finishing, but for the most part I'm enjoying the process.
al-black

Post by al-black »

Yes, cat we want to know where you climb.

Rebbeca, cat, you should also know about Sara Adams. Phd candidate, folder, woman (well actually new mom)...
Cat.

Post by Cat. »

I don't climb anywhere exciting (nothing big or abroad) and have done a lot less since I finished my degree and PhD and left the north of England for somewhere with less rock and less indoor walls (none since getting ill, unsurprisingly), but I've climbed in the Lake District, the Peak District, Yorkshire, Scotland (scrambling more than harder routes here, a mixture in the Lake District) and I enjoy climbing indoors too (don't think you're meant to say that, a lot of people just see it as training for outdoors).

I'm not a super high grade climber or anything like that, but I do really enjoy it.
Cat.

Post by Cat. »

@rgieseking
Glad it's going well, and that you're enjoying it. I'm not sure I would have said the same of mine, but there were certainly good moments to balance out the frustration...
Feanor

Post by Feanor »

Speaking of funny European languages.
In russian paper is called bumaga and it is female.
But sheet is list and it's male.
And origami obviously has a neuter gender with huge grammatical problems since it was adopted from japanese :)
Wuggums47

Post by Wuggums47 »

Plenty of women do origami, and in my experience they can fold anything a man can fold. Some of the more feminine women might choose different subjects to fold though. I've been teaching my mother to fold, and she likes to fold birds and flowers the best.
Be who you are, do things because you want to do them, and stop caring what others think. Then you'll be happy.
alkagupta0408

Post by alkagupta0408 »

Hey there, I am also a women and love making origami. i have a youtube channel for the same. you can check out my channel link in my signature.
origamipete
Forum Sensei

Post by origamipete »

miyuki kawamura, beth johnson, victoria serova...