Travelling, looking for folders

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Re: Travelling, looking for folders

Post by OrigamiGeek »

I am visiting Amsterdam for like 2 weeks in like 2 weeks I will be camping!
Check out my gallery and don't forget to leave a comment!
thedeadsmellbad
Forum Sensei

Post by thedeadsmellbad »

cowburgrer13 I will be in NC this year, I already did the coastal side though, ill let you know when I'm getting close.

Its been awhile since my last post but I have ran into a few other folders since.
Kathy Knapp, a member of the OPA, Origami Peoria Area in Illinois met with me. It was a great folding session, I got to share my dog and she taught me two models:
A sliding box with two handles by Laural Kruskal. A fun box to fold.
and
The Floral Pot by Jeff Beynon.
the pot is quite a clever design where the entire model is held together by tension in the folds.

I am currently in the Boston, Ma. area and I was lucky enough to meet with origami masters Richard Alexander and Michael LaFosse, very nice people, there seemed to be no limit to the wealth of knowledge they have on the subject of origami.

I should be in the boston area for a couple more weeks, if anyone is around feel free to let me know!
thedeadsmellbad
Forum Sensei

Post by thedeadsmellbad »

I was in Houston yesterday and attended the OH origami houston meeting, there were about a dozen folders there. If you're ever in the area I recommend trying to participate, they were friendly and had a large range of skill levels.

I'm in Louisiana now, if any one knows of any groups here I would love to find them.