Nicolas Terry's "Passion Origami"

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
malachi

Post by malachi »

No kidding.
A couple of weeks ago, I gave up looking. I might try again later, but it just annoys me because I don't have a lot of time to spend on something that seems this obtuse.

I was thinking that it can't be totally arbitrary, though, because otherwise there might be more numbers in the pattern than the number of letters needed. If it works out the way I think it should, you might be able to figure something out by working backward from the number of letters in the final answer.

To be clear, I really enjoy logic puzzles, but this doesn't seem like a logic puzzle to me. Rather, it seems like an exercise in frustration and tedium as I try to read a reference manual in an attempt to glean the rules or pattern to a series of numbers that I only know a fracitonal part of. In a way, I'm tempted to find all of the english and french words that have the same number of letters and the two known letters and send them in one at a time. That, to me, seems like a better use of my non-existent time than trying to look through the book yet again searching for something I don't understand.
dani luddington

Post by dani luddington »

deleted
Last edited by dani luddington on October 26th, 2005, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dani luddington

Post by dani luddington »

deleted
Last edited by dani luddington on October 26th, 2005, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Four more hints:

1. There's 18 clues altogether.
2. Each clue has its own page; you'll never see two clues on the same page.
3. There are no clues on pages 11 and 54.
4. This is the fourth hint.
phil

Post by phil »

I folded Nicolas Terry's The Three Wise Monkeys from the diagrams on his site.

I Ordered the book today it looks like it will be a lot of fun. I can't wait until it gets here.
phil

Post by phil »

I recived the book on Saturday. I folded the first 8 models from it. It's a great book. I looked at the secret code but haven't tried too hard to solve it, I'll try that after I have folded some more from it, maybe I'll notice something as I'm folding through the book.

Here are some pictures of what I've folded so far,
Pictures
T

Post by T »

My copies on its way...
Is anyone allowed to say what the secret code unlocks. I know it is a model and or CP's but does anyone know models of what?
T

Post by T »

Ok Im trying to work out the code Ive just got a few simple questions

Is all the info on the specified page
i.e from p11 can I get # 10 and then letter "t" without looking at any other page whatsoever?

Am I meant to know what #10 refers to or is this part of the secret? At first i thought it was step number but It cant be.

From previous posts there were comments about reading every number in the book, now I m not sure if this was a joke or is there some ironic secret in saying this?

Thanks

PS. 100th post!
TERRY Nicolas

Post by TERRY Nicolas »

Hi !

> Is all the info on the specified page
i.e from p11 can I get # 10 and then letter "t" without looking at any other page whatsoever?

no need to check an otehr page. Only on p11, #10 give the "t". But means #10 ? That is the question !

>Am I meant to know what #10 refers to or is this part of the secret? At first i thought it was step number but It cant be.

Indeed, it' s note the step number. What it could be do ???

>From previous posts there were comments about reading every number in the book, now I m not sure if this was a joke or is there some ironic secret in saying this?

When you understan why p11 #10 = t, you must fill up the code with all the other numbers. And yes, you MUST check each number of the book. Some have a small difference. And not, it's not a joke. :o)

Happy search

Nicolas

Remember if you find the solution, don't give the solution on this list o, order to let pleasure of all the folder to search....
Thanks
http://www.passionorigami.com : all the latest news about origami
T

Post by T »

Ok thanks Ill give it another try.

Is there anyway you could tell mewhat the code actually unlocks, ie. what model?

T
mastermattdude

Post by mastermattdude »

I have been trying for forever almost a month now and I still cant find the code. ](*,) Why is it so hard?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

The only thing that attracted my attention on the first time I opened the book (long long ago) was that english speaking people are simply getting more from their paper (see pages 63, 103, 124). I allready have no clue how to get the missing numbers. Maybe it´s something with roman numerals? I can´t figure it out.
T

Post by T »

In what way are English people getting more from their paper?
Can anyone confirm if it's Roman numerals?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

T wrote:In what way are English people getting more from their paper?
They need less to get the same end result :wink:
T

Post by T »

They need less to get the same end result :wink:
Sorry I dont understand , is this a clue?

Are there any connections to the secret code and the cartoon pictures on some pages, such as the lion on page 103 ?