Nicolas Terry's "Passion Origami"

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

You´ve obviously overseen it. Best will be to forget some time over the code settle down and fold lets say a Little Big Duck for relaxation.
There´s no hint in the index and "p10#11" is complete nonsense.

Good luck!
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

haha thanks Anna, I'll sleep on it then do as you say... I should probably spend more time folding than trying to solve the puzzle.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"
Seneca the Younger 4 b.c.- 65 a.d
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

and got it.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"
Seneca the Younger 4 b.c.- 65 a.d
mxhat

Post by mxhat »

Hi, I'm new in the forum, and I want to discover the Terry's secret code.

I found a rules to the first (p11 #10), but this don't applie to the second,

Is it correct? Are there different rules for each one?

Thanks you for you help !
HAT
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

No, it´s the same rule for all the numbers.
mxhat

Post by mxhat »

I found the numbers, but not the pages....
Any tip?

Regards,
HAT
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

If you have the numbers you also have the pages. Remember p11 #10 -> t.
mxhat

Post by mxhat »

Hi Ana and All,

In the final part of book, Nicolas show a table with 9 spaces, I found more numbers!!

1. I Found more than 9 numbers
2. I found more than 9 the pages
3. I used the same rule
4. I lost!!

Are there other criteria to select the numbers or pages?

In advance, Thank you for you help !
HAT
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

There have to be 18 numbers not 9.

PS: My name is Anna.
Tim Foley

Post by Tim Foley »

Thanks to the clues in this thread (and people have almost spelled it out completely) I was able to work my way through the book and find all the clues in an hour or so.

mxhat - Somebody has already pointed out in this thread that there are a total of 18 "clues" hidden in the book. The dots in the table, along with the numbers that are already filled in might help you to match up your results and notice if you missed a number. Really, though, a very thorough scan through the book should turn them all up.

There are a couple red herrings that I think ended up just being printing errors. These confused me for a while, so just remember that the rule for identifying a clue (as opposed to a printing or editing error) is very consistent. All the clues follow a single rule.

And if all else fails take origami_8's advice and fold some models from the book. I mean, that is why we bought it, right?
TERRY Nicolas

Post by TERRY Nicolas »

Thanks for all the members who tried to crack the code.
I'm happy to tell you that all the winners of the code just receive new photos of my two last unpublished models : Eagle (new version) + Hannibal on his elephant.
Maybe this information will encourage those which are discouraged to seek the code again. For those which already found, I want really to thank you for having kept to your commitment not to reveal the code completely and to give only tips! Thus the pleasure of research remains whole for all! In theory, I will add a new code in each of my books!
Appointment to the next book ....

Nicolas
http://www.passionorigami.com : all the latest news about origami
mxhat

Post by mxhat »

Hi Anna and All,

When you said: "They get the same result from a smaler paper"
Are you used a cycle?

PS. In my county we use the Personal name: Anna, with only one "N", that's why in my last mail, I wrote in this form. I will more careful the next time. Sorry.

In advance,
Thank you,
HAT
halogen64

Post by halogen64 »

Oiy, after owning this book for a very long time, I just solved the secret code. It was almost ingenius and Wolf's clues didn't help me until after I found it. All I can say is pay close attention to detail and remember if you don't have to know french, the rules to finding the clues must not have to do with words. Good luck to all. I await notification from Nicolas Terry!
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Hee hee, I figured out the code in just a couple of seconds (how it works, I mean) But now I just need figure which pages to look on...

Edit: I've only been trying to get this code for about an hour, and it's driving me mad! Does it perhaps have anything to do with how the diagrams are shown?
Narazeetak wrote:Actually another hint is exist in the free diagram from the site, http://www.passionorigami.com. Just look carefully. :)
Does you mean that one of these diagrams is one with a hint?
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

If the links to the diagrams would work, there would surely be a hint, but since they do not, I can´t tell you what kind of hint it is (maybe a non existing hint, lol).