Christmas Origami Book 2008

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
unpocodearte

Post by unpocodearte »

Excelent idea, I hope get in this compilation wit this frog

[img]http://www.unpocodearte.cl/origami/arte ... hoto19.jpg[/img]
Claudio Acuña J.
and the flickr is this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rolamola
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

A great idea, as it was for the past two Christmases. So far, I only have one thing to submit, but hopefully I can find more to diagram.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
madarko

Post by madarko »

I have some diagrams drawn up, but they're for fairly simple models and I don't think they're up to the standard of complexity that I've seen in models in other areas of this site. Should I submit my diagrams or would that be seen as submitting crap diagrams to get good diagrams?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Not everyone is able to design supercomplex models and not everyone likes to fold them. There are enough people submitting easy diagrams. Some people just designed something for the first time to be able to participate to this project, I wouldn't ever dare to reject such a submission. The only important thing is that your diagrams aren't published elsewhere.
madarko

Post by madarko »

When you say diagrams can't be published anywhere else, do you mean specifically in a book or will entries be rejected if they've been posted on this or any other internet site?

Also, what happens if I submit diagrams that I've drawn for a model that I created but someone else out there in the world already made, diagrammed and published the same model?

As I said, the models I have diagrammed are fairly simple so it wouldn't surprise me to find that someone had made the same thing using the same (if not, more efficient) sequence
emberjelly

Post by emberjelly »

Hi,
What format do you want the diagrams sent in?

Jerry
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

Madarko: just send the diagrams in already!!!! If you took the time to draw them, and you didn't steal the model from somebody else, then it's FINE! Everybody has to start somewhere; don't worry about meeting other people's standards. This is the one publication where it's fine to make mistakes; participation is the important thing.

emberjelly: I think Anna can read most file formats; but just to make things easier, you should probably stick to widely used formats, such as .pdf, .jpg, .doc, .gif, or .png. No matter what program you're using, you should be able to export it to one of those formats.
ori_dragon3
Location: A para-dimensional warp in space-time. Otherwise known as the Homsar Reservation.

Post by ori_dragon3 »

oh, anna? is it alright for my word. docs? I can't really send them as much else.. but I think our printer can do pdf. files, so if word. docs r'nt OK just tell me.
WAaAaAi'm A Trendy Tote Bag!- Homsar
From for kids
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

As already mentioned I can open nearly every file. The only one so far I had problems with is WordPerfect but everything else (including Word files) should work fine.

With unpublished is meant in neither books nor the internet or magazines. This doesn't include the model itself (it is ok if you have posted pictures of it) but only the instructions themselves.

It doesn't matter if there is the possibility that someone else could independently had the same idea as long as you had the idea for your model yourself and didn't just copy.
madarko

Post by madarko »

K. Thanks Anna, I'll just tidy 'em up a bit and send 'em in a couple of days
Sadarac

Post by Sadarac »

i had one question. i read this thread and the other two but didnt find the anwser . If i submitt a design for this years e-book will i also recive the older two? or is this a constantly evolving project where each book contains all the contents of the older books? :?
Origami forums design group viewtopic.php?p=49612#49612
"When you put a crease in a piece of paper, You're essentially changeing the memory of that piece." - Erik Demaine (from "Between the Folds")
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

You get one book per submission. You can only get the other two if you submit three diagrams.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Sadarac

Post by Sadarac »

well then, i had better start working because i only have a short amount of time to make three things *kicks self for revealing sea serpent CP*

edit: if i were to take photos of the design at each step would that be okay?

double edit: If i were to modify my sea serpent would that be an acceptible design? i have a few things i have folded i might include. they are a simple wyvern (serpentine dragon with wings) and a simple dragon boat. not gonna post photos for them though.

third edit: i have two things that im sure i want to include. i still need to make up diagrams but they are:
simple wyvern
glider/momo's ears (will also have a cp because it is a very simple model)

Also i have some things ive made but am not so sure about they are:
dragon boat
simple bird
flying dragon(modification made on traditional flapping bird.
I was wondering what you guys might want to see.
Origami forums design group viewtopic.php?p=49612#49612
"When you put a crease in a piece of paper, You're essentially changeing the memory of that piece." - Erik Demaine (from "Between the Folds")
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Wow, I might actually be able to make a submission this year.

Might.

Is there anything keeping us from publishing/posting our submissions anywhere else (to keep the Christmas book exclusive to contributors)? I'm assuming that you'd appreciate it if we didn't but I'm double-checking.
arnorigami

Post by arnorigami »

JeossMayhem wrote:Is there anything keeping us from publishing/posting our submissions anywhere else ?
You are requested not to publish elsewhere it before the end of January 2009: viewtopic.php?t=4755&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=17
Arno