Brian Chan origami book

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
BrooksHalten

Post by BrooksHalten »

Falcifer wrote:Anyone who's interested in his "V's Mask" might want to know that he has a video on YouTube and diagrams on Instructables.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwyIDogYaqI
http://www.instructables.com/id/Guy-Faw ... n-Origami/

I assume that the book will have "cleaner" diagrams, and some explanation to go along with each step, but I managed to fold the mask using a combination of the video and images.

Also, I'd love to see Flying Carp, Attack of the Kraken, Flying Grasshopper and Crow diagrammed.

And if Wall-E gets diagrammed, I'll be buying it anyway.
Well, in the comments section, Chan mentioned this is the "easy" version. With the image on his oficial website, there are slight differences in the mouth and mustache. Otherwise, thanks for the links!
Re
NL3181

Post by NL3181 »

Brian said he is aiming for early 2010........
Juanfran

Post by Juanfran »

No updates? not even a list of models on the book? release date?
BrooksHalten

Post by BrooksHalten »

Nope. I know, it's very annoying. I have been waiting for so long for his book to come out, but now's the time most colleges are going through finals. It might be possible he is studyng. If so, he'll surely get back to work soon. :)
Re
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

oh man, its probably a bit late but i really want his chimpanzee in the book, its really awesome! i wonder when he's gonna be publishing it??
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

... if you go to his flickr, he clearly demarcates some models which he has diagrammed.
euroboy

Post by euroboy »

Don't think his book will come out any sooner..... :(

My guess is maybe end of this year :roll:
Nepfreak

Post by Nepfreak »

Why has nobody mentioned the Goliath beetle yet?
RollerCoasterBug

Post by RollerCoasterBug »

I hope it comes out soon, the wait is killing me! :x His models are too great for the wait. This is funny, people at my school and see what I make, and say that we (origamists) must have alot of patience, but right now, I have none for this book! :shock:
nosyrb
Nepfreak

Post by Nepfreak »

I know! I have all the patience in the world when it comes to precreasing a model, but none at all with everything else!
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

Good things take time, I say the longer the better! :D
RollerCoasterBug

Just not too long. :) Waiting can be good, but you can't wait for every thing. It's like you're going to an amusement park (an origami world), you're riding a bunch of the rides that have no wait. (books that have already come out) Soon you get to the ques that take about an hour, hour and a half. (month, two month wait for the book) You see the brand new ride and it's a beast! You run over there just to see that the ine is not even open. (Brian Chan's book) It will open ome time next year, on top of that a four hour que. (waiting for the book to come out who knows when, then getting your book) You might not even get the chance to even ride that ride when it finally opens.

This is one of those imes when waiting is a pain, and not a pleasure. When you ordera book, you feel this small sence of satisfaction that you can actually wait for. Wait ing for the book to even come out all together is a whole other story.
nosyrb
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

Guys, it takes a really long time to write a book... it's not even been a year yet. I mean even if only half the diagrams were new, that's gotta be hundreds of hours of work, considering the complexity of his models.
RollerCoasterBug

That is so true. :)
nosyrb
!tyza!!

Post by !tyza!! »

Still waiting :shock:

Any News? his last Facebook entry was a month ago. And now, i feel like a stalker