how did you start origami?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Harpseal
Buddha

Re: how did you start origami?

Post by Harpseal »

I got 30 sheets of kami today, just to make the borealis in my book by david petty. I rarely do modular but i've always wanted to make a borealis, but i had to get extra paper specially.
'Death, taxes and teddy bears- three things you can always rely on'
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
[url=http://%20the-intelligence-division.bandcamp.com]My bandcamp page[/url]
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

I started origami about a year and a half ago when my friend came over and showed me how to make the flapping bird :D . then the school year came and I got an origami book and some paper I did all the models in the book then bought a new book. and so on :D
Check out my gallery and don't forget to leave a comment!
GWB origami
Forum Sensei
Location: somewhere in the evil netherworld riding a giant, three headed tarantula

Post by GWB origami »

post deleted
Last edited by GWB origami on March 3rd, 2012, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GWB origami
Forum Sensei
Location: somewhere in the evil netherworld riding a giant, three headed tarantula

Post by GWB origami »

i started origami about a year ago. i liked fiddling with post its and giving the fiddles to my friends. luckily there was an origami club at my school! i started going after school on fridays. the teacher told me about the 2011 OUSA convention in NYC so in june i went. the convention is what really started my burst in origami. i started folding like crazy and haven't stopped yet.
Last edited by GWB origami on March 4th, 2012, 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shelbygr1gh

Post by shelbygr1gh »

my friend gabriel gwb origami he was into it so i thoght i might try 8)
you no cool me cooler me kidding me just a little cooler then you. ps me like chicken!
Harpseal
Buddha

Post by Harpseal »

I wish the friend who inspired me was on this forum, we still argue about who's better. He's better by far but he won't admit it. My friend's on Neorigami, but not this forum.
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
papagimp

Post by papagimp »

I just started last month. Saw a random picture of Won Park's dollar koi and decided I needed to learn how. Been using tracing paper and some crappy thicker craft paper from Michaels. So far so good :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/papagimp/s ... 146524446/
Leo_Rigami

Post by Leo_Rigami »

I started less than year ago around the time of my friend's birthday, I wanted to do something special for her then I remembered there was a group who presented origami for our "art & music as therapeutic alternatives" class, I searched for origami rose instructions in you tube and saw this 26min long tutorial of a budding Kawasaki rose, at I had a hard time following but when I finished it there was this feeling of achievement =D> so I folded some more until was able to memorize it then I made a bouquet for my friend's birthday :D since then the Kawasaki rose became my favorite model :)
Harpseal
Buddha

Post by Harpseal »

Kawasaki rose your first model, i'm impressed, although i haven't folded it myself.
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
Kundalini

Post by Kundalini »

I started when i was kid i dont remember my first origami, i supposed it was a simple boat or a plane. My interest was feed when i read a newspaper, it had origami designs to fold (a ring, etc). Then when someone ask me what do you want to birthday. I always said an origami book. And i got and origami book with a general name.

At college i run out of time so in 2003 i bought origami design secrets it was hard because i do not know english so i finish the book on 3 years hahaha

And now