how did you start origami?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Pop pop

Post by Pop pop »

i dont know probley because they where jelious and i ask my :?: myself besides i move to an other school they treat me more better and it brings back bad memories
My youtube account please check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/user/thefolder1? ... sults_main
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

weird... no one hates me because of origami. my friends even request stuff
(roses, cows, 3d pandas) try making things for people.
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
FrumiousBandersnatch
Forum Sensei

Post by FrumiousBandersnatch »

I remembered an other factor in me starting origami...that X-Files episode where the guy was making an origami animal menagerie on his fireplace mantle, and then he died, but the wife kept getting the animals that were missing left on her doorstep...turned out the guys soul went into a little girl and she was folding the remaining animals...
Kafar
Forum Sensei

Post by Kafar »

When I was something like 7-8 years old, I get origami book about dinosaurs (not montroll and not kawahata - I live in Poland and in that days it wasn't so popular, nowadays it still isn't :P but we have some lang's and montroll's books :P and others too :P ) I folded everything with my father, and after few years I forgot about origami. Than when I started meeting with my girlfriend, I thought I could make some things for her from origami, like butterflies or flowers, and than by browsing the web I get to the picture of Ryujin 3.1 (there wasn't 3.5 at that days) and Shibaraku, and I thought I have to fold these. but there was a problem.
I didn't know how to fold cps, and whats more there wasn't even cp for Ryujin 2.1 on the web (as it is nowadays, just google it, or go to Satoshi's website) so it was a challenge to fold even 1.0.
and by searching and folding and trying and trying and trying and trying I finally got the skills to fold these models in acceptable way :D
So for everybody who starts origami - never give up, if you have something you want to achieve, you've got to put some effort in completing it, even if you fail miserably at first or second or even 9th try, don't give up :D
Yes I know it's a little bit OT but what the heck :P
kevin89

Post by kevin89 »

cesarogami wrote:now i can fold a Kawasaki roses inside another Kawasaki rose.
Really? Where did you get the diagrams? Wait... was that sarcasm, and you were just saying you are a lot better now then you were back then? ... ?? :?
The most important thing for me is the direct observation of nature in its light-filled existence. -August Macke
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

i think thats when you fold a big kawasaki rose and a small one. then you put the small one inside the big one. ive seen it on this forum before
the modern einstein

Post by the modern einstein »

I started folding paper aeroplanes, then I got bored with folding the same subject over and over again, so borrowed a book on origami from my library, and started folding, end of story. :lol:
redheadorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by redheadorigami »

orislater wrote:weird... no one hates me because of origami. my friends even request stuff
(roses, cows, 3d pandas) try making things for people.
As i read this, i thought to myself. Not a soul asks me for a thing to make.
..so... that pissed me off.
"Violence isn't the answer but it's always a good start."
-JeossMayhem
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

:P
redheadorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by redheadorigami »

joshuaorigami wrote:im the only folder in my whole school!
:-k
...same.
"Violence isn't the answer but it's always a good start."
-JeossMayhem
The Average Folder

Post by The Average Folder »

Same here, but people really enjoy my models, so they fill out a catalogue like piece of paper and I make their requests in order throughout the year. Gives me something to work toward. And also, because I don't know where else to put it, can someone with Origami Insects ii PM me with the Table of contents. Like the names and page numbers. I know its tedious, but thanks in advance in case anyone decides to help me. My cousin (baby) Noah decided he liked the numbers on the the pages and decided to "eat" the first few pages. Luckily after the first few pages of diagrams, I had a piece of printer paper to mark my spot, and he took that and ate it, on which upon I found my book, pretty ruined. I was mad for a half second, but he looked at me with those big baby blues, and drooling mouth, and well, you can't be mad at that for long, can you? :wink:
Folding is everything, and everything is folding
My Flickr- http://www.flickr.com/photos/58368473@N06/
-Mike
leung_wwy

Post by leung_wwy »

The Average Folder:

Send me a pm with your email address. i'll scan the Insect II contents pages and email them to you.
FlareglooM

Post by FlareglooM »

How did I start origami. Hmm couple of years ago I saw a video of Satoshi Kamiya folding his phoenix. I got interested in origami and started off with a crane. From one thing came another, and now I do origami!

Though I have found things I have folded when I was really, really little. (traditional piglet etc, but that video started it basically).
My Flickr

FlareglooM
The Average Folder

Post by The Average Folder »

I saw a video displaying lots of impressively folded Satoshi models (Ancient Dragon, Ryu Zin, Bahamut, ie.) These were my eyes :shock: . Unfortunately, I am just toeing the line into that stage of CPs but I have definitely enjoyed the folding that took me here. I give my thanks to the diagrammers/ CPers (wth is that a word???)creators and other people in the community :P
Folding is everything, and everything is folding
My Flickr- http://www.flickr.com/photos/58368473@N06/
-Mike
Velandar

Post by Velandar »

I've started origami 1 year ago...in 7th grade i done origami on art lessons for grades , simple ones like frogs and crans.... and i think they were preaty good.And 4 monts ago i started complicated stuff like ancient dragon and other difficult models.