Quentin Trollip new book

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

Thanks guys!
Plastgeek, that's funny! I used the same technique on an earlier vulture, but used those flaps for the "frill" around the neck. The underside was then a bit ugly- it looked unfinished, so instead I changed it to make a body and "close" the model.

Adam, I'm not sure about the different unryus and thicknesses though- but be sure to make sharp creases with that, hopefully that helps?

Thanks
Quentin
Forum_Lurker

Re: Quentin Trollip new book

Post by Forum_Lurker »

I finally got around to folding the eagle! With that, it means i have folded every single animal in the book, some with more success than others, but that's another story.

Anyway, i need new animals to fold now! When can we expect another book from Mister Trollip? I'm not so secretly hoping very soon!
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

Hi Forum Lurker
I'm glad you enjoyed the book!
I definitely have aspirations for another book or two, but unfortunately not in the near future!
It is tough to find time for the diagramming. I do a bit here and there, but not enough to fill a book yet.
Have a good weekend
Quentin
gordigami

Post by gordigami »

It's always nice to receive an honest, straightforward response, such as that given by Quentin.
Additionally, he consistently cranks out models of such delight, whether simple or complex, that I believe that most of us don't mind waiting.
Finally, I wholeheartedly agree with the concept that origami is a wonderful supplement within life's experiences, but a healthy spectrum of other life and family experiences are equally important, and rewarding, for a well rounded individual.
Quentin always seems to stand out as an example of that balance ...
May I wish success to all who cope with the mountains & valleys of Life,
with all its peaks & depths, as well as Origami .