Shuki Kato's book

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Baltorigamist

Re: Should Shuki Kato make a book?

Post by Baltorigamist »

Awesome!
As I and many others have said before, can't wait for this masterpiece-to-be of an origami book!
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
origami-artist-galen

Post by origami-artist-galen »

A billion hours and 27 pages later.

Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Truly worthy of one of my Ogami sheets. You facetiously claim a "billion" hours but that you've actually done this at all (319 steps!) in a matter of a few weeks and not several months is remarkable and testimony to your skills and commitment. At this rate I suspect we will see your book sooner rather than later. Keep up the brilliant work - I hope you get well rewarded for it.
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

Shuki, have you thought about submitting any of your models to origamiusa's diagram section?
http://origamiusa.org/catalog/books-dow ... -downloads
Just an idea. I'll buy it if you submit anything there.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

You, sir, have just won the Internet.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Raptorex55

Post by Raptorex55 »

Wow this is absolutely incredible! :shock: I agree with phillipcurl. I would purchase these, or anything of yours for that matter, in a heartbeat. In addition it will be an easy way to proofread the diagrams and earn a little money for future publication!
yohohohowo

Post by yohohohowo »

I say save the rest for your book. It will be epic and worth the wait. This is the only way people won't be disappointed and complain about having previously published diagrams for the book. I would pay $50 or more without hesitation just for the one's you've already completed.
origami-artist-galen

Bubo wrote:Truly worthy of one of my Ogami sheets. You facetiously claim a "billion" hours but that you've actually done this at all (319 steps!) in a matter of a few weeks and not several months is remarkable and testimony to your skills and commitment. At this rate I suspect we will see your book sooner rather than later. Keep up the brilliant work - I hope you get well rewarded for it.
Actually, I completed about 40 steps for the model months ago, gave up diagramming, then completed the rest in 'a few weeks'. I was always hoping to complete all the diagrams within the end of the year, but that turned out to be impossible; early to the middle of next year is what seems more likely now. I'm only 8 models in and we're already over 1000 steps, this is crazy!
phillipcurl wrote:Shuki, have you thought about submitting any of your models to origamiusa's diagram section?
http://origamiusa.org/catalog/books-dow ... -downloads
Just an idea. I'll buy it if you submit anything there.
I have, yes, and it would be all to easy to publish half of my models there, forcing some people to buy the book at full price for only half of the models. This book (e-book, or otherwise) will be special, I promise. Now, I would consider publishing one or two individual diagrams at the Origami USA store, something I'll have to think even more about. If People really want it, I could publish my Kabutomushi there for like $15. :shock:
yohohohowo wrote:I say save the rest for your book. It will be epic and worth the wait. This is the only way people won't be disappointed and complain about having previously published diagrams for the book. I would pay $50 or more without hesitation just for the one's you've already completed.
Yes, this, and thank you for all the support!
Raptorex55

Post by Raptorex55 »

:lol: I would purchase it there for $15 :lol:
StefOmega

Post by StefOmega »

Wow, $ 15 is not very cheap! ;) I prefer to keep money for the entire book :D
origami-artist-galen

StefOmega wrote:Wow, $ 15 is not very cheap! ;) I prefer to keep money for the entire book :D
I know $15 is not cheap for one origami figure, but it's 320 steps, 27 pages, and one of my best models. :mrgreen:

I've had some further input and have decided upon a different model, the Flying Stag Beetle (165 steps, 14 pages). I was thinking about a $4-$8 price (Jason Ku's butterfly is ($5, 129 steps, 16 pages) unless you guys persuade me to change it. There are a few edits just learned about in that diagram though which I'll need to do first.
Last edited by origami-artist-galen on November 14th, 2012, 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
StefOmega

Post by StefOmega »

origami-artist-galen wrote:
StefOmega wrote:Wow, $ 15 is not very cheap! ;) I prefer to keep money for the entire book :D
I know $15 is not cheep for one origami figure, but it's 320 steps, 27 pages, and one of my best models. :mrgreen:

I've had some further input and have decided upon a different model, the Flying Hercules Beetle (165 steps, 14 pages). I was thinking about a $4-$8 price (Jason Ku's butterfly is ($5, 129 steps, 16 pages) unless you guys persuade me to change it.
Don't misunderstand me, that price is worthful for that model, but I'm interesting to all of them you're including in your book, so I prefer to spend $ 60 or even 70 for about 15 models, instead of 15 for only one.
cowburger13

Post by cowburger13 »

The tile for this topic needs to be changed from, "Should Shuki Kato make a book?", to "Shuki Kato is making a book!"
polistes
Forum Sensei

Post by polistes »

cowburger13 wrote:The tile for this topic needs to be changed from, "Should Shuki Kato make a book?", to "Shuki Kato is making a book!"
wow you read my mind, i logged in there so i could suggest this =P
cowburger13

Post by cowburger13 »

I'm psychic!