Prison Break - Duck/Swan

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I would recommend using the free mediaplayer BSPlayer
http://www.bsplayer.org/
it includes the possibility to make screenshots of a video.

Christian
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

wolf wrote:I looked over David Petty's site and couldn't find anything in his list of traditional models that resembles it. My guess is that it isn't traditional.
So you just looked at the picture and developed a folding process?
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Brimstone wrote:So you just looked at the picture and developed a folding process?
No, all I did was to look at the picture and mentally unfold it. :D
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

wolf wrote:No, all I did was to look at the picture and mentally unfold it. :D
Clever girl
chkr

prison break swan

Post by chkr »

hi, it was me who drew that drawing from the swan on paint, and i found a very good diagram on how to fold the swan, but on the video that was added later, the swan is made different from what that diagram says. Anyways, i downloaded that diagram so if anyone would like to get it, just mail me..

I am a bit confused on witch one is correct, the video, or the diagram i found.

I think the producers of the show got someone that new origami to design this particulair swan for the show, because it seems to be inpossible to find anywhere on the internet.
chkr

prison break swan

Post by chkr »

oye, by the way, im not shure how this forum thing works, so if you cannot see my mail: chris_st10 AT msn DOT com

Mail adress edited by Moderator
saj

Post by saj »

Hi guys,

Got this email to my personal email account:
Coeli Carr wrote: I'm a journalist writing a story about origami and "Prison Break." Would like an update of inquiries re the bird. I saw the instructions Daydreamer gave. Please email me with additional info. Is this origami web site one that you created?
Her email address is coelestis AT earthlink DOT net

saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
origami_8
Administrator

Re: prison break swan

Post by origami_8 »

chkr wrote:I am a bit confused on witch one is correct, the video, or the diagram i found.
Like often there are many possibilities to get a specific result, but to tell the truth I really don´t know how the swan in the series was folded, I only showed one possibility I could think of (and like I realized later I was not the only one coming up with this folding process, Wolf posted nearly exactly the same in words). I haven´t ever seen the series and from the photos I have seen so far this swan seems very ugly to me, don´t know what´s so special to wanna fold it, I really know better ones.
Last edited by origami_8 on August 16th, 2007, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
chkr

prison break swan

Post by chkr »

I haven´t ever seen the series and from the photos I have seen so far this swan seems very ugly to me, don´t know what´s so special to wanna fold it, I really know better ones.
There is something special about that swan, but if you haven't watched the series you cannot relate to the feeling the watchers get from watching it.. I think personally that the swan looks good, but from that first screen capture posted it looked bad!.. It is also very hard to get the swan to look exactly right, i saw the result from your video, and i found it not looking good, especially the tail. On the show the swan looks different from any screen capture i have seen until now, but that is probably because you never get a good look at it, only glimps.

In "Prison break" the main character uses that swan to locate where water pipes run beneath the prison yard. He also uses the swan to a variety of things to somehow help him in escaping from prison. That is why it i cool to be able to make that swan.. The show is very good, so you should watch at least the first episode, where the swan is included the most.

Chris.
chkr

damn

Post by chkr »

im still getting used to this forum thing, sorry for the "allmytextisaquote"
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

You can always edit your text by clicking on the little "EDIT"-button on the right top of your text window.
Btw: I´ve done so for you.
Last edited by origami_8 on August 16th, 2007, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julie

Post by Julie »

When we saw this swan when waching "Prison Break" we tried to make it right away after watching! Does anybody know/ found it is a model from who ?
miltono

Flower

Post by miltono »

There's also a flower that appears in the show. Looks like it is really simple, but still, I can't find out how to make it. I hope you can help me.
Here are some pictures of it...

Image Image

Oh, and thanks for the duck, it's really cool :D .

PS: I would like to learn how to make the leaf too. Sorry, but I'm really newbie and my english isn't good. I hope not to screw it up :P .
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

If you can't make the swan of prison break you can make the Unicorn of Blade Runner :)

how to fold it : http://www.linkclub.or.jp/~null/unicorn/unicorn0.html
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Flower:
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n4W09CW2YTg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed>

Stem and Leaf:
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZFx8hmY-sZE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed>