Prison Break - Duck/Swan

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Demonic_Cat

Post by Demonic_Cat »

sorry for bringing this topic back up..

i'm new to this forum, been checking it for quite a while but never got to register myself :oops:

i've been trying lots of origami things that are posted here, and i was trying this one some days ago, but i'm realy having trouble with how to make the neck of the swan :cry:
the rest is going great, but the neck just keeps going wrong, can someone explain it please?
Wordgames

Post by Wordgames »

Bladerunner is a fantastic movie... but don’t make the mistake of watching any version other than the directors cut as the original theatrical version was terrible (and the reason why it bombed at the box office).

The main problem with the theatrical version is that they chose a test audience who would find the Sunday afternoon content of the Hallmark channel both challenging and inspirational then adjusted the film to take into account all of their inane feedback, the two main points being:

1. They were confused by the plot so they added a voice over which explained every single thing that was happening and ensured that the viewer would at no point have to think during the film.

2. They completely changed the 'controversial' ending to a nice happy one for them... they drew the line at happy rainbows and walking into the sunset hand in hand but they came very close to it.

Remarkably it was not until the directors cut of Bladerunner which reversed these two decisions that the film took off and became a true classic of modern cinema. Fans of the directors cut may be interested to know that in the near future MGM may stop its silly lawsuit and we will finally have new version of the directors cut on DVD with additional footage and remastered visuals.

If anyone hasn't read the book 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep' by Phillip K Dick then do so, the film is only very loosely based on this fantastic book but it is one of his best.

Oh and I was heartbroken when I learned they cheated with the origami in the film (scissor using monsters!).
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Bladerunner was a great movie.

On the subject of Bladerunner, it seems that http://www.linkclub.or.jp/~null/unicorn ... tml&id=467, the site with Mick Guy's Bladerunner unicorn, is down. Is there anywhere else online to find the diagrams?

Yeah, it's not the best looking one, and it does use two squares, a triangle, scissors (I think), and glue--Sounds like it breaks all the rules except "no googley eyes"--but it is still the unicorn from Bladerunner, one merit it has over Kamiya's, and I do want to try it.
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

I used to think it was Mick's design, too, since he was the official origami guy for the movie, but he told me that he didn't do it. Someone else on the set hacked it together, but he doesn' t know who.
Yes, I am that Joseph Wu. Not that it really matters. And please call me Joseph or Joe. "Mr. Wu" is my dad. :)
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Interesting. So he was responsible for the other origami in the movie? (I remember a bird of some sort).

Oh, and I found the instructions, complete with step photos here: http://cgi.linkclub.or.jp/~null/unicorn/unicorn0.html

Now, upon looking at that, Why on earth is it made into a two-color model? There is a deliberate color change in there to make the back legs differently colored than the front ones--why? It would look much better if they were both the same color (and if it wasn't the foil side).
Jumapeg

Post by Jumapeg »

Hello, this is my first post.
I watched Anna's video and also the screenshots, they are helpful.
After some training I did this origami:

The head isn't perfect because I used a little piece of paper but with a A4 paper it looks perfect.
Kano_II

diagram

Post by Kano_II »

hi there,that video is very nice but one part is not possible to catch it.could u make diagram,please.I¨m beginner!Thanks
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

It would be helpful if you could say which part you have problems with. Also, normally videos are easier to understand than diagrams (especially for beginners).
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
Lelanie

Diagrams for Prison Break Crane

Post by Lelanie »

a few pages back someone said that they have diagrams and they would e-mail them, i don't know if you didn't get my e-mail. but i would realy appreciate if you could send them to me. and does anyone know when season 2 of prison break starts???
I just started doing origami after the prison break series and i am fascinated.
Brimstone
Buddha

Re: Diagrams for Prison Break Crane

Post by Brimstone »

I don't know where you live, but in Latin America it starts Monday 21. Yeah!
HankSimon
Buddha

Re: Diagrams for Prison Break Crane

Post by HankSimon »

Lelanie wrote:a few pages back someone said that they have diagrams and they would e-mail them,
I wasn't that person, but here is the Link:
http://www.geocities.com/boysdontcry_85/crane.pdf

Note that they call it a crane, not a swan.
Philipz

Post by Philipz »

Hi folks. Last night marked the beginning of season 2 for Prison Break, yet another great episode. The crane/swan was seen yet again. Has anyone come across "the" method of making this swan? I'm going to attempt Anna's demo later (thanks for that Anna) and see how closely it resembles the one in last night's episode.

Cheers,

Phil
jbautista

Post by jbautista »

Hi, I'm new on this forum, i'm also intrigued by the paper crane in Prison Break. I took some new screen caps from the latest episode. This looks more detailed so i think someone can make a diagram/video on how to make it. Thanks!

davjds

Post by davjds »

PDF diagrams can be found here:

http://flettfolding.blogspot.com/2006/0 ... grams.html

You can save the pdf to your computer to save on bandwidth.
Philipz

Post by Philipz »

Awesome, thanks Davjds.