Favorite books

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
origami93

Post by origami93 »

i read Bleach, Naruto, Hellsing, Death Note (my favorite), FLCL, Trigun, Eureka, Abenobashi, and Kingdom Hearts. right now i am reading all the Resident Evil books.
~folder~of~paper~

Post by ~folder~of~paper~ »

My favourite books are 'Through the tigers eye', 'The Silver Sword' and 'The Beatles Anthology'.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Another great book (well, actually it's a series) is Lionboy :D All abot a boy who can talk to cats saving the world of asthma and other stuff... It's much more interesting then this strange description
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Watusa

Post by Watusa »

Ira Levin is one of my favourite authors, and "The Dud Avocado" by Elaine Dundy is magic. Right now, i'm reading Cryptonomicon by Neal something-or-other, and finding it a bit challenging but interesting..

And of course, Catch-22..
~origami~

Post by ~origami~ »

I have a list of favorite books I will only post a few of them:

>Through the Tiger's Eye.
>Any book by Paul Jennings
>Bart Simpsons Guide to Life
>Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul

I guess thats all I can think of now.
VeGaN!!!
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I also like the hitchhikers guide a lot, although I think the books got worse book by book. I only read the last two books, because they where a part of the guilde and I wanted to read them all, but they weren't as funny as the first. I also highly doubt that many german speaking people really understand the fine sense of british humour. in most cases it's only a boasting phrase to say "I have read the english books as well, because they are so much more funny". most time the opponent wouldn't veto, because they wouldn't like to sound stupid (although they would probably only be honest enough to admit that they didn't understand most of the punnings).

I also agree with Gerwin, that the Silmarillion is a wonderfull book, but though it's kind of a middle-earth bible or middle-earth history book it's pure nonsense to read it without reading the other books. I also loved "the hobit", and I did not understand why they ruined that lovely book by revising it. that touches heresy :)

there are so many books that I really loved reading, but I could never give a specific order which book was the best, because I seldom read a book twice. I of course read the lord of the rings books a couple of times, because I played the roleplaying games for quite a long time. I like reading fantasy stories as long as they don't exceed to many books. I loved "Das Schwert des Meisters" (don't know the english title... maybe "the sword of the master") and read the seven books four times. I started reading "Das Rad der Zeit" ("the wheel of time"?) by Robert Jordan, but stopped at the seventh book... too many books for one story (he's now at book 30, isn't he?).

generelazing, i could say I'm reading more nonfiction books than novels and don't like thrillers or horror.

wow a lot of words for an old man like me Image
~origami~

Post by ~origami~ »

Oh yeah...I also like Morris Gleitzman.
VeGaN!!!
~folder~of~paper~

Post by ~folder~of~paper~ »

At the moment I am re-reading TLOTR (The Lord Of The Rings)... My current favourite book is 'Blackbird Singing' - By Paul McCartney. It's a wonderful book of all his poetry.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

"Paradox", "Context" and "Conlusion" from the Nulapeiron Sequence by John Meaney are probably my favorit books so far
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

john allyn, 47 ronin (chushingura in japanese)
Rdude

Post by Rdude »

I love all of the books by Tolkein; The Lord Of The Rings, The Hobbit, Roverandom, and I also like the "His Dark Materials" trilogy by Philip pullman, which includes the Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass. The Narnia series is also a classic, as is the Dark Is Rising series.

Rdude

P.S. Can't forget Harry Potter series, and Hamlet. (alas, poor Yorik :cry: ... I knew him Horatio!)

Also, abook written by a Holocaust survivor about his experiences, called Night is one of the most powerful books I have ever read i recomend it to all of you to read, it is a bit depressing at parts but there is so much emotion and starkness in its pages.
If you can't fold it, try a bazooka.
My Flickr ->
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rdudevr55/
dogs rock012

Post by dogs rock012 »

lord of the rings
aesthetistician

Post by aesthetistician »

I agree with you on Robert Jordan, Chris. It has been suggested that the series should be retitled 'Why Your Wife Should Not Be Your Editor, in One Very Long Lesson'.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

yeah.
I really liked the story about the...hmm.. fallen dragon? I also liked the idea that only the women are able to use magic or the story about the one that became the wolf-man. but every story needs an end :)
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

TheRealChris wrote:every story needs an end
"Finished Model. The End"

Thats how it goes in origami books :P
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs