How do you look like?

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
iAm4free

Post by iAm4free »

:) Dude!!!! :) :P
"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

- St. Francis of Assisi
iAm4free

Post by iAm4free »

I thought of posting a dummy reply thinking the new folders would post their pictures :)
"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

- St. Francis of Assisi
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Meh, I'm not exciting enough to post my picture... jsut average (although not nerdy looking, as gerwin found out many paperfolders aren't like... or at least the ones who post their pictures)
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
iAm4free

Post by iAm4free »

Cupcake wrote:Meh, I'm not exciting enough to post my picture... jsut average (although not nerdy looking, as gerwin found out many paperfolders aren't like... or at least the ones who post their pictures)
Mmm..... U don't have to be exciting to post u'r picture!!! Come on... I've only seen u'r hand :)

- St. Francis of Assisi
franz

Post by franz »

I´m the one on the left :D
franz
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

There's a pic of me in Saj's gallery.

It shouldn't be hard to find out who I am.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

deleted by me
Last edited by Cupcake on April 20th, 2007, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Take that down, jackass. I did NOT authorize you to put that up here. That was me when I was much younger, one week before getting a haircut. I do not see any posts from me in this topic. What would have made you think I wanted a picture of me when I was 16 (I'll be 20 in two weeks) in this topic??
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Cupcake, what you do isn't fair play, posting pics of others without their permission is rude, especially if you feel too good to post a pic of yourself.
We await your pic here by tomorrow.

To Jared: A more current photo of you would be nice to see.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Thank you, Anna. I'd be glad to.
cavemanboon

Post by cavemanboon »

hi jared, i symphatize with u and i think i can understand why u don't enjoy having cupcake show your photo. i can't say i agree with what he has done but calling him names isn't exactly a very civil way to respond. besides, he is only putting up a link to joseph wu's gallery of origami luminaries which is accessible by all & sundry who has internet access. (btw, u look like a pretty nice kid in that photo but if u want to let people know how much more matured u have become, perhaps u shud send a newer photo to joseph too ... :D )

hi anna, i remember reading somewhere in this forum sometime ago about joisel reacting strongly when someone provided links in this forum to his cat diagrams which were publicly available in the french forum. if i remember correctly i think u and some other forummers were pretty unhappy with joisel's reaction. i am from the old school and the internet has given me lots of things to think about concerning privacy, copyright matters etc etc. so, i have one question for u since u are one of the moderators/administrators to help me clarify some of my confusions - how different is this issue from the joisel incident? in the former u seem to be on jared's side while in the latter u were against joisel.

hi cupcake, i think i agree with anna - now u have to show people here your photo after having done what u have done. :-)

happy folding!
perrosaurio

Post by perrosaurio »

come on jared, at least you don't have that Mao's look like Yoshizawa :lol:

all this is solved with a cupcake's picture, anybody has one?

nice to have 20, I'm kind of older.

this is me on the web:

perrosaurio.
"Trust Komatsu, he knows where we are going..."
http://origamido-en.blogspot.com/
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

cavemanboon wrote:he is only putting up a link to Joseph Wu's gallery
That's because I removed the picture and replaced it by the link. It's a difference if you say "Hey there can be a picture found in someone's gallery or if you post the actual picture.
cavemanboon wrote:Joisel reacting strongly when someone provided links in this forum to his cat diagrams which were publicly available in the french forum.
He reacted strongly because a member of our Forum postet a picture of a cat he folded after this diagrams and not because of a link someone gave. He called the model a word I won't repeat here and called us all British people that give nothing and only take. I'm neither British nor do I think that I only take and give nothing back.

Nearly all my designs are diagrammed and public available, I'm moderator of this Forum and of the german Origami mailing list. To say I'm not allowed to refold something I found on the web just because I never learned french is racist and I can't stand racists.

Where's your photo Cupcake?
And by the way, no one's tongue is sticking out on the photo I linked to.
perrosaurio

Post by perrosaurio »

well, if I might say so, and assuming you are the girl on the picture, I can say your boyfriend is a pretty lucky guy. :wink:

Every day I know more things about Joisel and every day I agree him less. :?

regards. 8)
perrosaurio.
"Trust Komatsu, he knows where we are going..."
http://origamido-en.blogspot.com/
origamimasterjared
Buddha

cavemanboon,

I'm the person in both cases. While browsing the French forum galleries I came across stepfolds of a cat Joisel had made in his photo album, so naturally, I folded it. I posted the picture here. Someone from the French forum saw it, and commented about how quickly it spread. Joisel was outraged said it was bull**** and called me a Brit who only takes and doesn't give. I'm none of the above, as you can see by the stuff I post.

While in this case Cupcake decided to post a picture of me in a topic I did not want to be part of.

And cavemanboon, you are right, that was not an entirely civil comment. I did not intend it to be, so I used a mild insult to get his attention.