Which would win?

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
origamifan11

Re: Which would win?

Post by origamifan11 »

If the ostrich had laser vision with the power to burn through 10 Saturns in half a second, its eye diamater would need to be at least the size of Saturn which is 120 536 kilometres or 74 897.598 miles. The eye of an ostrich is 1/56 of the total size of the ostrich so the height of the ostrich would be 6 750 016 kilometres. The Gravitational pull of the ostrich would then be over 6 times greater than that of the sun.This force alone would kill the ostrich and would probably compress itself and everything in our solar system. Therefore both animals would die (neither would win), the world would have ended millions of years ago because this ostrich was around when the dinosaurs died, and the helmet given to him by Sun Tzu would take the amount of metal in more than 100 000 Earths. Also the heat energy developed in the eyes of the ostrich would be enough to use almost all the energy in the universe and speed up the process of Entropy so greatly that it would complete in seconds and thus ending the universe. Effectively, neither animal would win the battle but the ostrich would die first.
If this doesn't answer your question, nothing will...
origamifan11
About to start start Ryujin (test-folding at the moment)
My Old Flickr
My New Flickr
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

=D>
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!
origamifan11

Post by origamifan11 »

Not to mention that Saturn has a huge gravitational pull and a force that could combat that and 'burn' a planet made of gas would be extremely large. The temperature would be thousands of degrees and the force would effectively 'rip' Saturn apart, spreading the atoms in the gases far apart. This force would continue through the universe, because there is no force to combat it, destroying planets and once again, escalating Entropy. The catacalysmic ramifications of this would, once again, speed up the end of the universe. Also there is no 'e' speed unless you are referring to the mathematical term which is the limit of (1 + 1/n)^n and is approximately equal to 2.71828. Or you might be mistaken with the 'e' in Einstein's formula of e=mc^2. In that formula, 'e' is energy and 'c' is the speed of light (you might have mixed them up), but if it could move at the speed of light, its sight would be blurred, as we only see objects because light is refracting off of them, and thus would be utterly useless due to lack of sight and moving away from everything at such a fast speed.

It is amazing what a 13 year old can hypothesise.

origamifan11
My Old Flickr
My New Flickr
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

=D> =D> =D> :o
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!
ETMOrigami

Post by ETMOrigami »

Nobody ever said how powerful the laser was. So this means that the ostrich could only have enough power to burn through a piece of rice paper, which is probably 3 - 4 microns thick. Using origamifan11's eye diameter to ostrich length ratio of 1:56, you could just as well draw the conclusion that the ostrich is .0168 - .0224 cm long. So I think the whale would win in a fight because the ostrich would be nearly microscopic and if it tried to fly, the wind would blow it away unless it had the mass of gold. Even if the ostrich did have the mass of gold though, its muscle efficiency would have to be practacally supernatural considering how small the osrtich's wings would be. Also, the weight of the whale compared to the "theroised" osrtich would be a silly match for:

Code: Select all

Actual ostrich weight (in lbs.) to height ratio: 400:9
whale weight in pounds: 79400

.0168 microns = .00073490814

weight(lbs.)                400                x
---------------------            -------     =     -------------------------- 
      height(ft.)                   9                 .00073490814

9x = .293963256      therefore:
weight of proposed ostrich in lbs  =  .032662584
In case you did not get this, without more information, you could say that there is a 79400 pound whale paired up to fight an ostrich that happens to weigh 32662584 billionths of a pound. We need more information Acorn Man!!!!

P.S.
It is pretty amazing what us 13 year olds can hypothesize origamifan11
-Ethan Martin,
the friend of any origamist

My flickr
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

origamifan11 wrote:If the ostrich had laser vision with the power to burn through 10 Saturns in half a second, its eye diamater would need to be at least the size of Saturn
That's not a sound assumption. You can burn through a piece of paper with a magnifying class that produces a beam that is much smaller than the piece of paper.
origamifan11 wrote:The Gravitational pull of the ostrich would then be over 6 times greater than that of the sun.
However you forget to note that the density of an ostrich is not the same as the sun. Not even close.
origamifan11 wrote:Also the heat energy developed in the eyes of the ostrich would be enough to use almost all the energy in the universe and speed up the process of Entropy so greatly that it would complete in seconds and thus ending the universe.
Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy negates your wording, "use almost all...".
origamifan11 wrote:This force would continue through the universe, because there is no force to combat it, destroying planets and once again, escalating Entropy.
You are largely assuming a shape and size of the universe. You are also using some sort of mechanism for the end of the world that deals purely with entropy which I am unfamiliar with. Specify a shape and size and I can further criticise your description.
origamifan11 wrote:but if it could move at the speed of light, its sight would be blurred, as we only see objects because light is refracting off of them, and thus would be utterly useless due to lack of sight and moving away from everything at such a fast speed.
I don't see why it would be blurred as that is a matter of focus. Of course it would take time to focus, but you can simply adjust the scenario so that it can focus faster than normal.
ETMOrigami

Post by ETMOrigami »

hypothesis disproven
-Ethan Martin,
the friend of any origamist

My flickr
origamifan11

Post by origamifan11 »

Firstly, some corrections to my previous argument. When I said "use almost all the energy..." I meant that it would change almost all the energy in the universe into heat energy. The reason why the ostrich has to be at least 6 750 016 because for it to destroy a planet, it needs to be extremely large, and considering that the lasers generally come out of the pupil, it would be much larger, and yes, it was said that the laser can "burn through 10 Saturns in 1/2 a second.". Also, the sun is only slightly denser than water and an ostrich is denser than water so their density would be around the same, despite the ostrich being 6 times larger than the sun. Now to mention the gigantic batwings on that thing. They would need to carry a mass of 376072320000 kg and I'm not even going to bother stating the amount of force needed to lift that thing. But one flap from those wings would create so much force that it would move planets (If there were any left from it's laser beam). Also Razzmatazz, the universe takes the shape of a torus (a donut). Another point I will make is that the vision is blurred or can only see what it saw before it started moving because the photons reflected off of the objects would be moving at the same speed as the monstrich (That's what i'm calling it now). I am currently unaware of the size of the universe.

origamifan11
Last edited by origamifan11 on May 19th, 2014, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Old Flickr
My New Flickr
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

origamifan11 wrote:I meant that it would change almost all the energy in the universe into heat energy. The reason why the ostrich has to be at least 6 750 016 because for it to destroy a planet, it needs to be extremely large, and considering that the lasers generally come out of the pupil, it would be much larger, and yes, it was said that the laser can "burn through 10 Saturns in 1/2 a second.".
I don't see why it would need to be that way (the size). You could have a laser the diameter of a penny that "burns through" Saturn. Just like you can have a magnifying glass beam (quite small) burn through a piece of paper. Also I think you are misunderstanding how a laser eye would work. The energy for the laser would be converted from the user (the ostrich, I think in this case?) via some sort of process. That implies that all energy for the laser is already contained in the ostrich's body. The laser itself doesn't take in energy when the light energy --> heat energy. It just disperses after it comes in contact with matter, being converted into different types of energy (kinetic, heat, potential, etc.).
origamifan11 wrote:Also, the sun is only slightly denser than water and an ostrich is denser than water so their density would be around the same.
The sun is ~40% denser than water. Ostriches should be slightly less dense than water (note they can swim). To think of it, the idea of density is irrelevant as it would only be relevant if what you said about the size of the ostrich is true. However, it seems largely based off of the idea that a laser must be the diameter of the object it is being burnt by to constitute being "burnt through". That, I'm afraid, is a misleading definition of "burn through".
origamifan11 wrote:the universe takes the shape of a torus (a donut).
Fun fact for all the kids reading: they don't know the shape of the universe really.
However for sake the discussion, a torus would imply a compact universe which means that entropy probably would not be an issue that would end the world (what goes around comes around).
origamifan11 wrote:Another point I will make is that the vision is blurred or can only see shat it saw before it started moving because the photons reflected off of the objects would be moving at the same speed as the monstrich
Note it can run _up_ to the speed of light. Sight wouldn't matter when running at the speed of light (unless running very far distances) as any reasonable location in the fight would be reached close to instantaneously when at the speed of light. You don't need to see anything happen in such a timeframe when nothing happens in that timeframe.
Acorn Man

Post by Acorn Man »

origamifan11 wrote:If the ostrich had laser vision with the power to burn through 10 Saturns in half a second, its eye diamater would need to be at least the size of Saturn which is 120 536 kilometres or 74 897.598 miles. The eye of an ostrich is 1/56 of the total size of the ostrich so the height of the ostrich would be 6 750 016 kilometres. The Gravitational pull of the ostrich would then be over 6 times greater than that of the sun.This force alone would kill the ostrich and would probably compress itself and everything in our solar system. Therefore both animals would die (neither would win), the world would have ended millions of years ago because this ostrich was around when the dinosaurs died, and the helmet given to him by Sun Tzu would take the amount of metal in more than 100 000 Earths. Also the heat energy developed in the eyes of the ostrich would be enough to use almost all the energy in the universe and speed up the process of Entropy so greatly that it would complete in seconds and thus ending the universe.
origamifan11
So basically you’re saying that this is one beast ostrich, right?
origamifan11 wrote:Now to mention the gigantic batwings on that thing. They would need to carry a mass of 376072320000 kg and I'm not even going to bother stating the amount of force needed to lift that thing. But one flap from those wings would create so much force that it would move planets (If there were any left from it's laser beam).
origamifan11
If it’s as big as you say it is, wouldn’t it be in space, and therefore wings would be useless. This is because there is no air to push in space. This would also mean that it couldn’t move planets, unless it hit them.

I can’t believe this has gotten so big. Awesome! I still think the ostrich would win.
Nice job all of you! =D>
I finally got it to say something under my posts!
malifold

Post by malifold »

What wavelength(s) does the ostrich emit at?
What wavelength(s) does the whale reflect at?
What wavelengths does saturn absorb at?
Does the ostrich fire the laser through the Earth's atmosphere?

The ostrich ought to be able to burn through the whale with a CO2 laser, using photosynthesis to produce CO2 from the atmosphere and all th sugar it got from eating those dinosaurs, producing water as a coolant to evacuate the thermal energy dissipated by the laser.
Acorn Man

Post by Acorn Man »

Haha, I have no idea what half of that means. Would it need to be green then? Thanks guys.
I finally got it to say something under my posts!
EM origami

Post by EM origami »

I would assume the whale would win because the lasers would bounce off of it and since it's in the water the turkey can't get to it so disco ball whale it is. also my hybrid creature is a shark horse. :mrgreen:
- EM origami
EM origami

Post by EM origami »

malifold wrote:What wavelength(s) does the ostrich emit at?
What wavelength(s) does the whale reflect at?
What wavelengths does saturn absorb at?
Does the ostrich fire the laser through the Earth's atmosphere?

The ostrich ought to be able to burn through the whale with a CO2 laser, using photosynthesis to produce CO2 from the atmosphere and all th sugar it got from eating those dinosaurs, producing water as a coolant to evacuate the thermal energy dissipated by the laser.
What he said
- EM origami