Mind Tricks (not for weak hearted)

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Well, like I explained earlier, they are fruits in botanical terms but in culinary terms they are vegetables. In botanic terms there isn't such a thing like vegetables at all, there are just, flowers, leaves, fruits, roots, ...
howtoorigami

Post by howtoorigami »

I got 12 and cucumber (though I read some posts before its a fruit...)

For those who are interested, more than a mind trick, this is called cold reading and falls under ESP. If you like this, read Tradecraft. I havent got any links to related websites though.

And also, people choose 7 much more often than other numbers regardless of the gender.

About the carrot thing, it might be only for english speakers. I havent heard that one before...
The origami revolution at http://www.howtoorigamiblog.com
ori_dragon3
Location: A para-dimensional warp in space-time. Otherwise known as the Homsar Reservation.

Post by ori_dragon3 »

what, a carrot? it's like an orange err.. turnip? ( if you ever heard of that before) with green leaves on top. google it if you want.
WAaAaAi'm A Trendy Tote Bag!- Homsar
From for kids
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

its strange cause carrots aren't supposed to be orange... they are normally like purple and stuff.. well actually they grow orange now, but beause of genetic stuff... i think its sick how most of the vegetables nowadays that you get from the store are just creepy industrialy grown hybrid things... not many nutrients anymore...its like its all about growing alot quickly, and making them "look" nice, but man... its just sick to think that even eating your vegetables isnt really as good as it used to. but maybe im just paranoid :P
Mars

Post by Mars »

Well just buy organic food and make sure that is a little circle that says "Certified Organic". When food is grown organic, it means that the farmer didn't use any chemicals to grow it, so it's natural. And, organic foods taste better than non-organic.
Keep on trying, it will work.
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Organic doesn't mean it isn't genetically modified, though. I have heard that produce has been genetically modified/breeded to be larger, but the consequence of that is a loss of some flavor.
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

non organic fruits/vegetables has either been genetic modefication or grown with synthetic chemical pesticides or fertilizerscan to make the fruit or vegtable to grow faster, look better and taste better! but not as health as organic fruits and vegetable.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

ya, unfortunatley in the us they changed the requirments for "organic" and anyway, doesnt organic just mean carbon based? i used to buy food from our local food coop, coming from local farmers that i knew many of...now in georgia there is nothing like this :[ maybe its time to start a garden...but alas, how to get pure seeds? :)
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

Most people are starting to plant their own vegetable garden as they tend to get expensive and unhealthy! :D
origami street racer

Post by origami street racer »

and get even unhealtier as they eat tomatoes one by one.
R.I.P Paul Grey 1972-2010
Slipkont
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

why would eating tomatoes one by one be unhealthy? :?
ori_dragon3
Location: A para-dimensional warp in space-time. Otherwise known as the Homsar Reservation.

Post by ori_dragon3 »

Chesslo, its because:
Most people are starting to plant their own vegetable garden as they tend to get expensive and unhealthy !
:lol: :roll:
WAaAaAi'm A Trendy Tote Bag!- Homsar
From for kids
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

You're not supposed to eat tomatoes one by one. Tomatoes are useless unless you stuff at least five in your mouth at once. The chemicals in the tomatoes must be equal in ratio to the chemicals in your body. Otherwise, your body fluids will completely dissolve the tomato juice, destroying all the nutrients and rendering it useless. Therefore, eating one tomato at a time is no different than eating air. However, since consuming tomatoes will fill up your stomach, you will not feel hungry and end up eating less. Overtime, your immune system will weaken and your body will degenerate because it isn't receiving the required nutrients, leaving you susceptible to dangerous diseases and viruses.

However, to problem with having to stuff five tomatoes in your mouth at once is that they won't even fit. In the past 50 years, 60 million people have died from choking on tomatoes or eating tomatoes one by one. And that is the story of why people always turn tomatoes into ketchup and juice instead of "eating" them.
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr
nickchartrand

Post by nickchartrand »

that cool and odd at the same time +scary
paper can be minipulated to do whatever you want as long as you have hands to fold.(Nick Chartrand)
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

And at the same time a load of bull :lol: