Paper crafts

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Ah well, if you enjoy doing Origami more, then you should just stick to that.

My main problem with papercraft is that I am often unable to finish building a model; I build a large part of it, but after a few hours it gets too tedious and I start doing something else. I guess that's what makes Origami more enjoyable for me; unless there's a ton of pre-creasing involved, it rarely gets boring.
Fold

Post by Fold »

Ooo, I got a book on this for Christmas. All the models have something to do with robotics. They all look really interesting.
I'll post some pictures, if anyone's interested, after I get back from my holiday.
DragonFold

Re: Paper crafts

Post by DragonFold »

I did some papercraft at my spare time last summer, I know it's messy but I also have problems with preserving origami with glue ^_^. I tried really hard ones for my first papercraft like Tehanu from Earthsea :D I was surprised I can do this very well at it thanks to all that origami experience (It took 5 days to make, 5 hours per day) Although after that I returned to origami since papercrafts took a LOT of time (I could have folded 3 ancient dragons with that much time)
Axel´s Origami

Post by Axel´s Origami »

Here´s a forum about both origami and papercraft (though nowadays there is only papercraft).

http://boards.4chan.org/po/

Post by 966623 »

I love doing papercraft. It's fun and very rewarding if you design something from scratch. (Like origami, or any craft really.)
It gets a bit hard juggling multiple hobbies though. Not enough time do do everything!
Harpseal
Buddha

Post by Harpseal »

Hey anyone here know anything about papertoys? My brother recently got a book by someone going by the name 'castleforte'. Ring any bells? The papertoys I'm on about are like little stylised creatures, often with a human resemblance, and they fold up to make a net, and they can be extremely intricate.
Castleforte virtually invented papertoys, or 'urban papertoys' as they're often known. They often end up looking like they're out of minecraft, but the best of them involve loads of curves, and end up amazing.
There's a blog called www.nicepapertoys.com which has lots of papertoys stuff on it and is run by castleforte and is where loads of these creations come from.
Anyone know more about this that I do? I was thinking of having a go, and (because it's my brother's book) designing my own, but I've no idea where to start or what to do with my designs once I know I can, whether that community really needs a purist origamist having a go at something and comparing their artwork to minecraft (which, consdering minecraft graphics, could be considered insulting, or not, as the case may be).
I found this much out of virtually nothing. Anyone know anything/can continue on a bit?
This papertoys thing as I've seen it is very new, so there can't be much out there can there?
'Death, taxes and teddy bears- three things you can always rely on'
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
[url=http://%20the-intelligence-division.bandcamp.com]My bandcamp page[/url]