gab.

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
gab

gab.

Post by gab »

Welcome.

I figure I've been active enough recently to justify starting my own thread. I pray to the mods I am not mistaken. ;)

I'll post new things as I fold and photograph, but for now I'll put up a few highlights from my older stuff that haven't made it onto the forum in the past.

*original design

Joisel swans (one of my favorite models)

Cthulhu* - Some day there will be a better fold...

Dragon Rider*

Scorpion* - I've seen evidence of other people having similar designs, but I did develop it independently.

There, now this space seems a little less useless. :P

Any feedback is welcome!
[flickrEtsy] You can also friend me on Facebook; just be all "origami, man!" and I'll be all "origami, bro!" and then we'll have fun Facebook adventures.
kowal

Re: gab.

Post by kowal »

the cthulhu is awesome, definitely you should refold it for better effects :D it looks a bit unshaped on this photo.
gab

Post by gab »

I folded it more or less on a whim in high school study hall. The paper was terrible and the inefficient design didn't help... the arms are about half an inch thick with layers. O.o When and if I refold it, it'll be an updated design.
[flickrEtsy] You can also friend me on Facebook; just be all "origami, man!" and I'll be all "origami, bro!" and then we'll have fun Facebook adventures.
tryingtofoldsumthing

Post by tryingtofoldsumthing »

Beautiful swans! do you paint the paper for those yourself? And the dragon rider is cool also
Matt
If it's just mountain and valley folds, how hard could it be?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tryingtofoldsumthing/
bnm70

Post by bnm70 »

All of them are awesome.

Keep folding, man.
Origami is like food. You can love it and be obese. Or you can hate it and be and be a"cute". Or you can be a fail and your just that. A fail. Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/76647015@N08/?saved=1
gab

Post by gab »

tryingtofoldsumthing wrote:Beautiful swans! do you paint the paper for those yourself? And the dragon rider is cool also
Thank you! And no, the ones on the sides are from kami already colored like that, and the middle was from a sample square of Nicolas Terry's tissue foil.
bnm70 wrote:All of them are awesome.

Keep folding, man.
Thank you. :) I certainly plan to.
tryingtofoldsumthing

Post by tryingtofoldsumthing »

Ah, i see now, sort of a color-gradiet kami towards the corners of the paper. It worked out very nicely for this model!
Matt
If it's just mountain and valley folds, how hard could it be?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tryingtofoldsumthing/
gab

Post by gab »

tryingtofoldsumthing wrote:Ah, i see now, sort of a color-gradiet kami towards the corners of the paper. It worked out very nicely for this model!
Thank you! I thought so too.

Fancy goldfish:
Fancy Goldfish by soozafone, on Flickr

Full rotation:
gab

Post by gab »

Updates:

I keep cranking out these fishies...
Another Black Moor by soozafone, on Flickr

I folded these for a friend - he's a Star Wars fan, and I've folded stuff like this for him for every Christmas and birthday. R2 needs work but I like how C-3PO turned out. For the latter, I used one of the bases you learn to make in the tutorials that accompany Robert Lang's Treemaker.
Best Buds by soozafone, on Flickr
gab

Post by gab »

I hate to be triple posting and bumping my thread, but allow me to triple post and bump my thread.

Mental Menagerie - Full View by soozafone, on Flickr

I made this for a family art show. I wanted to represent all the ideas that swirl around in a folder's head. For more details and close-up shots of all the models (all original designs), see my Flickr.
loganorigami

Post by loganorigami »

That is amazing, its a great idea and inspires me to make my own.
"the first step towards failure is trying"

my flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/65884349@N03/
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

I saw your wasp in the challenge forum, and I was wondering if you could share the diagram for it. I've been searching for a good wasp for days now.
gab

Post by gab »

It's not likely that I will be making diagrams for it, unfortunately. I may put out a crease pattern. The basic structure is box pleating on a 24-unit grid. But anything will have to wait until I'm done with my final essays.