Random Foldings of AnimePhoenix

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
AnimePhoenix

Random Foldings of AnimePhoenix

Post by AnimePhoenix »

Keep in mind I do most of my stuff at work out of boredom so they won't be...amazing. -shrugs- I'll post some old stuff too...mainly old cranes...
Gerardo
Buddha

Re: Random Foldings of AnimePhoenix

Post by Gerardo »

Can't wait to see it : )
My awesome website: https://www.neorigami.com
and Instagram account: https://instagram.com/NeorigamiCom
AnimePhoenix

Post by AnimePhoenix »

And I finally post! After months of no internet besides work I'm finally posting what I did in that time. Life got crazy so it's not much but...HERE WE GO!!!

I'm actually very proud of this one. That's one piece of paper. ONE! It was a pain but It turned out really good.
AnimePhoenix

Post by AnimePhoenix »

This is the vase that I'm going to use for my step mom's XMas gift. I'm still debating if I want to do this for her or a shadow box with a white lily.
AnimePhoenix

Post by AnimePhoenix »

This is suppose to be a cherry blossom...I didn't cut the edges right on it. :roll:
AnimePhoenix

Post by AnimePhoenix »

This is a "prototype" of the lily I'm going to use for my step mom's gift too. It's floral wire and 24lbs printer paper. Hopefully it will look that good when I do the small ones.
AnimePhoenix

Post by AnimePhoenix »

It's a cube! Yea I got bored.
AnimePhoenix

Post by AnimePhoenix »

It's suppose to be a kitty...I don't know why I keep trying to do cats. I'm never very good at them.
AnimePhoenix

Post by AnimePhoenix »

It's a crane bookmark. I like this one.
AnimePhoenix

Post by AnimePhoenix »

These are bookmarks for my sister for Christmas. Not sure if I'm just going to use nail polish to finish them or actual clear paint. Opinions?
AnimePhoenix

Post by AnimePhoenix »

I'm playing with this one still for my grandma for Christmas. I have this rose sticker that's really pretty but I'm thinking I want to do it on actually origami paper to get the two different colors. Maybe actually have a white background to put the rose on and a red heart. Again we'll see.
origamifan11

Post by origamifan11 »

AnimePhoenix wrote: I don't know why I keep trying to do cats. I'm never very good at them.
It looks quite nice actually. Anyway, don't give up just try and try again until you're proud of what you achieve.
About to start start Ryujin (test-folding at the moment)
My Old Flickr
My New Flickr
Gerardo
Buddha

Post by Gerardo »

They're awesome! I would really appreciate if you included the names of the models and creator :).

I so love the chinese vase; that was an excellent paper for it! I also love the fact they are simple models instead of overcomplex over detailed things... there's a certain beauty in that "traditional" kind of origami.

Thanks for sharing. I hope to see more in the future :).
Last edited by Gerardo on July 1st, 2014, 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
My awesome website: https://www.neorigami.com
and Instagram account: https://instagram.com/NeorigamiCom
AnimePhoenix

Post by AnimePhoenix »

Gerardo wrote:They're awesome! I would really appreciate if you included the models and creator :)

I so love the chinese vase; that was an excellent paper for it! I also love the fact they are simple models instead of overcomplex over detailed things... there's a certain beauty in that "traditional" kind of origami.

Thanks for sharing. I hope to see more in the future :).
Only problem with doing it at work is I never remember to write down the info on them, like model and creator. I get most of them from a book my parents got me for XMas and origami-resource-center.com.

I do like the vase. Think I'll keep it.
I don't have time for over complex ones in between calls. Need to be able to drop it quick and go back to the calls. Fancy origami does not allow that.

I'll try to make some more...if the calls allow it.
origamifan11 wrote:
AnimePhoenix wrote: I don't know why I keep trying to do cats. I'm never very good at them.
It looks quite nice actually. Anyway, don't give up just try and try again until you're proud of what you achieve.
Thank you for the compliment. I'm working on it. That is defiantly one of my better cats. The last one I made looked like a derpy dwarf with no legs. #-o Still cute.
AnimePhoenix

Post by AnimePhoenix »

First flower for my StepMom's gift. I actually like this paper better for her. It's more her. Now to finish it and find my spray varnish...