What have you designed lately?

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
Neelesh k

Re: What have you designed lately?

Post by Neelesh k »

ORIGAMI LAMBORGHINI CAR (fAIL) XD

What a lovely failure! All because I didn't want to exceed the grid size :P
Still, learnt a lot.
Designed and folded by me from 25 cm square of foil backed paper.
32 grids box-pleating

ORIGAMI RICK SANCHEZ :P Happy New Year 2018!

Wishing a very Happy New Year to all of you!
Thanks for all your support until now [-o<, and please continue supporting my work! Because Wubba Lubba dub-dub! :D
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

This would have been my entry for the January design challenge, but since I was the one who started the topic of food, I decided I would post it here instead. I used a software called Ori-Revo to design this.

Crease pattern and more details can be read in my gallery: http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14078
Neelesh k

Post by Neelesh k »

NeverCeaseToCrease That's really cool! I should have learnt that spiral folding technique...

Origami : Ship In A Bottle V2!

Designed and folded by me from a single uncut 22 cm square sheet of Cellophane sheet XD
Final Size: 9.5 cm x 4.5 cm
(CP on my flickr and fb page)
I am very pleased with the result. The sails were really difficult to fold...they keep touching each other. The ship was much easy to fold and design ( Heavy inspiration from Patricia Crawford's design ), but the bottle was really tough.
The pleats on the bottom give the effect of water, and those on the top - though troublesome - give the effect of reflection? Like a glass bottle? I couldn't figure out how to shape it better.

Still not a perfect design, but for the most part it works I think! It also means I'll finally be able to fold a lot of models requiring transparency.

Everyone on board? XD Hope you guys like it.
Tomasz Krawczyk

Post by Tomasz Krawczyk »

Hummingbird by Tomasz Krawczyk
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Aztec Eagle Warrior for the February Design Challenge.
More information on the gallery and on the challenge thread.
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
binky2819

Post by binky2819 »

Liopleurodon designed and folded by me from 1 uncut square!

I've never folded (and much less designed) something that has lots of individual teeth, and while not complicated to fold it is quite tedious :P there's a total of 24 teeth! but I wasn't able to add eyes so it is blind XD I haven't designed something for over 2 months but I finally did something new :D the design itself isn't perfect but I'm really pleased with the final result.
Check out all of my designs at my Flickr! https://www.flickr.com/photos/156771525@N03/
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Goldtiger-997

Post by Goldtiger-997 »

Here is a 22.5 degree flamingo I designed:

Imageflamingo - my design by Goldtiger997, on Flickr

I'm quite pleased with how the model turned out :) . I took me quite a few tries to get the structure and proportions right; I actually have 18 bits of paper in various stages of crumpling in front of me (most of them are part of my 1000 pack of 7.5cm squares of kami). For all but the final few folds, Some of the angles were not actually 22.5 degrees but were closer to 21 degrees so I had to fix that!

I was thinking about trying 22.5 degree designs at the same time as NeverCeaseToCrease created the "Tips for designing mammals" topic, so that topic has been quite useful to me. This topic was also quite useful to me.

Here's the crease pattern in case anyone wants to try it, and also to show that it is a 22.5 degree design:

Imageflamingo-cp by Goldtiger997, on Flickr

I would be very interested if someone else folds it :) . There are instructions to find the weird reference on my flickr.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Interesting. Is there any specific reason why you chose that specific reference point? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the model still be able to stay 22.5 degrees, even if you rounded the reference to something easier, like 0.5 or 0.45?
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Very simple flower that I folded a while ago when bored in class. Folded from double sided 6 inch kami.
binky2819

Post by binky2819 »

Polyphylla fullo, a beetle with strange "blade" antennae, folded and designed by me from one uncut square. My first attempt at designing an arthropod of any kind.

Check out all of my designs at my Flickr! https://www.flickr.com/photos/156771525@N03/
Jujusuckah1

Post by Jujusuckah1 »

ImageOrigami Ant by jujusuckah1, on Flickr
Origami ant designed with circle packing and folded by me from a 25 cm uncut square of single tissue paper. I plan to refold this with O-gami soon.
binky2819

Post by binky2819 »

Ambulocetus natans, an ancient marine mammal that is the distant ancestor of today's whales and dolphins. Folded from 1 uncut square.

I really like designing prehistoric life, which is why a lot of my designs are obscure things with weird names :P