Designs by binky2819

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.

Designs by binky2819

Postby binky2819 » October 7th, 2017, 7:47 am

Hello! I've very recently introduced myself in the forum and I want to show you my designs!
I've made 5 designs so far, that range from simple to really complex. All of them are creatures that I think are very uncommon as origami subjects.

I hope you like them, and please share your thoughts! (also I apologize if they're too many photos :P)
All of them folded from a single uncut square.

First is an axolotl. A relatively simple design.
In the last photo I (crudely) glued 2 papers and folded just the head to show the color changes of the external gills :D

Next is Macrauchenia, an extinct mammal with a distinctive "trunk". I made it after wanting to design something simple using no box pleating.

Then there is Epidexipteryx hui. The hardest part of this one was creating "fingers" of different lengths.

This one is the Thanator from the movie Avatar. By far the most complex one.

Finally is the Ikran or Banshee, also from Avatar. When I first thought about designing it, I wanted to use individual flaps for each of the "fingers".
binky2819

Re: Designs by binky2819

Postby Baltorigamist » October 7th, 2017, 8:25 pm

Nice models, especially for your first few designs!
I really like the Epidexipteryx, if only because I designed one myself a few years ago. It's a challenging subject, but yours turned out really nicely.
After the fall...we rise.

My Flickr DeviantArt
Baltorigamist

Return to Origami Galleries