Quentin's photos

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Quentin's photos

Post by qtrollip »

Ok, I'm new here and finally put some photos on Flickr. Let's see if I can get some photos on here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12043525@N04/1220058176/

Link edited by Moderator
Last edited by qtrollip on October 24th, 2008, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

mmmm. Didnt seem to work.
Any help anyone?
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

Take 2

Picture resized by Moderator
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

That one is for Raj. OK, a bit big, but I think I get it now.

qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

alisher_navoi

Post by alisher_navoi »

hey i know u ! u made the balerina skirt! famous man!! the superman logo is awesome, how did u fold it??
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Do you plan on writing a book?
If so it should at least contain the following models:
* Mermaid 2 ...This one is fantastic, the best one I know!
* Coconut Tree ... Just cute, I love trees.
* Lion
* Red Fox
* Skateboard
* Polar Bear
* Superman Sign
* Great Horned Owl
* Time to Fold
Aleburzyn

Post by Aleburzyn »

And the Bulldog :)
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

Hey guys, thanx for the reply/feedback.
Alisher_navoi, I met a guy from Down Under at a BOS convention once. The only Aussie I met at the convention (I think). Is that you? How you doing mate? The Superman Sign is quite an easy design, but difficult to fold as the layers become thick. (Lots of Sinking). I should work on a new, more effective design, but you know how it goes.
Origami_8. Thanx. Yes, I'm thinking of publishing a book one day. The diagramming bit is so arduous though. I'm busy going through some of the models to make them better. Like the mermaid, in version 2 her arms are longer. But now I have to re-diagram it. One day I'll get there though. I appreciate your feedback.
Take it easy
Quentin
alisher_navoi

Post by alisher_navoi »

ha ha couldnt be me quentin! never been toi a bos convention but got some stuff published inside. hey we are having our australian origami convention. you should come if u can. it will be in november. look at our website. it is www.papercrane.org.. ohh forgot, btw my name is gary. i added you in my flickr page. and i really like all of your works, they are very cleverly designed. ha thats a bribe, any diagrams? i'd be happy for us to swap works if you like. i have some drawings my self. let me know if your inetersted.

anyways enjoy the weekened. and we`ll talk soon! cheers!
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Hi Mr. Quentin Trollip, great works. I remember seeing your photos stick out on the London Origami webpage. Your folds have a certain cleanliness that I really like. The mermaid is just about perfect (I would shape the tail fins differently, and the face could use some work--either do away with the eyes or add the rest of the features) and your skull, Scream mask, King Tut, and bulldog are great.

As for your dolphin, it's great, but here are some suggestions: the head looks a little too birdlike. The snout is too long and sharp, you could use the excess to make/hint at a lower jaw. Also, wouldn't it be more streamlined to have no folds going across the body, and just the dorsal fin poking out (so that was the only line. Of course you would have to sacrifice the closed back...

Wow, you've drawn all those diagrams (the ones that say you have)? Man, I hate diagramming. Normally I just do it when I'm on a dry spell. Lately I've been on a pretty hot streak though.

Question: Out of curiosity, how old are you?
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

Hi Gary, nice to meet you. Yes, I wish I could attend the Australian convention. In fact I wish I could just go to Australia! I moved to Canada 20 months ago from South Africa (and lived in England for 2 years also). But Australia is definitely on the list... sometime!
What sort of diagrams were you interested in?
I was thinking today about the rugby world cup. Our national animal is the Springbok. I designed one today. I challenge you to design a Wallaby!
Speak to you soon.
Cheers.
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

Hi Jared.
Good to meet you too. Thanks for the input. I'm already 30 years old, but that doesn't mean you have to call me Mr! You can just call me Quentin.
Yes, I agree. Diagramming is no fun at all! In fact, I do not even fold much and do not see myself as a good folder either. I think most of my designs would actually look better if they were folded by a professional folder. Designing is the part of origami that I like! When I have time, I only work on new designs. Lately I have not been diagramming any of my new stuff, so lots of work ahead!!
So you say you are having a hot streak. Great! Do you have a Flickr page or anywhere to see some of your stuff?
I read that you are gonna have some diagrams in next year's Tanteidan Convention. Are you going? If I can do some digramming, I might submit some stuff also.
Keep folding!!
Edwin Corrie

Post by Edwin Corrie »

Hi Quentin,

You probably don't remember me, but we met briefly at the BOS convention in Manchester a couple of years ago.

I just wanted to add some words of encouragement with regard to diagramming. If you get too far behind on them like I've done in the past, it'll seem like an impossible task to catch up, especially since it's easy to lose interest in older models when you have new things you're working on. Yours are some of the most interesting and original models I've seen in a long time, and it would be such a shame for them not to be recorded. These days it's quite easy to publish your own little booklets, as long as you have all the diagrams ready.

Best regards,
Edwin