Sunburst

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
Sunburst

Re: Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thank you, both! getting good color changes was one of my main goal with my newer designs. I think the next models I'll be posting have pretty cool color changes :)

Harpy gen.2

64x64 boxpleat. This harpy was pretty much what I intented for the first version: the pose, the wings, 4 toes instead of 3, color-changes (subtle by the tint of the two colors, but still there)... The wings were difficult to make because of my lack of experience with feathers. I had to inspire myself (by observing only) from the models of the folder whose gallery link is found below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64192382@N02/

Benlewisorigami

Post by Benlewisorigami »

Wow! Fantastic!! Awesome design, but the hair and wings especially stand out. Great job
I would rather fail trying than fail without trying....

My flickr :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/89213771@N06/
JamesOrigami490

Post by JamesOrigami490 »

Wow! Amazing! I love the wings! I'm trying to create box-pleated wings for a model of mine, but inexperienced me can't really find a good way. I've got a really basic wing shape, but nothing as awesome as those wings.
Hi! I'm James, in 7th grade, and an avid paperfolder/writer.
My imgur
My Website
chesscuber98
Forum Sensei

Post by chesscuber98 »

Another great model! I got to agree with Ben, The hair and wings stand out.
Is it just me or does the leg come out of the wing?
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks again, you three!
Chesscuber: No, the leg is distinct from the wing! I want my models to be as flexible as possible with poses.
James: I'm sure you'll find something for your own wing. All I can say is: experiment with pleats! If you look closely at my harpy's wings, it should give you hints on its structure.

Jester gen.2
40x64 boxpleat. It has to be said: I'm impressed by the color changes myself. I don't recall any model with such color changes. Other than that, another upgrade is the face pleats which don't extend to the entire model anymore. The face base also allows for different expressions.

Benlewisorigami

Post by Benlewisorigami »

All I can say is WOW! Seriously, you're totally right. The only other clown besides this that utilizes such great color changes is Miyamoto Chuya's clown. But his is a 96 diagonal grid. Amazing result! Great color changes, and just amazing for such a "small" grid!
I would rather fail trying than fail without trying....

My flickr :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/89213771@N06/
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks! It's nice to know that Chuya's clown is on a 96 diagonal grid. I've never seen its CP, but always wanted to.

Scarecrow gen.2
32x56 boxpleat. Right on Halloween! It's been three years since I wanted to add a pumpkin head to my scarecrow. I managed to do it three years later. I was stumped on the head, but seeing Tomohiro Tachi's pumpkin inspired me to finaly finish it. My favorite detail is the pockets.

Edg

Post by Edg »

The sense of movement is amazing! Its got genuine horror movie menace....also, pockets!
For me, this is your best piece I've seen yet!
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

thats superb!! :D Do you make crease patterns or diagrams of your models? :mrgreen:
JamesOrigami490

Post by JamesOrigami490 »

Yep! Look at the link that says "My Cps and folds from other authors." You can find some of his CP's there!
Hi! I'm James, in 7th grade, and an avid paperfolder/writer.
My imgur
My Website
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks you guys!
mir mumaan: What JamesOrigami said. I very rarely do diagrams as my models are very complex, but I occasionnaly submit one for this forum christmas book.

Angel gen.2
48x72 boxpleat. This model had to be very different from my previous version. I opted for closed wings with feathers (which are scales, at the top!) To do so, the wings take the top part of the paper so I could add many details without constraints. However, the whole head had to be in the center of the paper, so less detailed. It's a structure I like a lot and will definitely reuse. I am very proud of this model, particularly for the pose and wings, which are actually taller than the angel if she was standing.

Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

you are the best at box-pleating
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Again a really great model Sunburst. The Angel has so much life and detail, really awesome!
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thank you, both!

And I'm not quite finished either with new models.

Superman gen.2
48x64 boxpleat. This model did not really need to be redone. I just wanted color changes and have a better pose. At the same time, I did some minor upgrades to the base. I sincerely think that the symbol makes all the difference. I simply drew it on a separate paper and, with folds only, managed to put it on superman himself.

Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

OMG! that is so awesome!!! :shock: :shock:
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!