Legionzilla

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

I know this should be in the 'Kitchen Sink', however, do any of you know how to increase the capacity of your flickr account?
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

You need to pay for a Flickr-Pro-Account.

But since you are far away from the 200 picture limit you shouldn't have a problem anytime soon :)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
spiritofcat

Post by spiritofcat »

legionzilla wrote:I know this should be in the 'Kitchen Sink', however, do any of you know how to increase the capacity of your flickr account?
From http://www.flickr.com/help/limits/#28
Here are the limits of a free account:
* 100 MB monthly photo upload limit (10MB per photo)
* 2 video uploads each month (90 seconds max, 150MB per video)
* Photostream views limited to the 200 most recent images
* Post any of your photos in up to 10 group pools
* Only smaller (resized) images accessible (though the originals are saved in case you upgrade later)

So there's no real problem with a free account as far as I can see.
You can upload up to 100MB each month, and your photostream is limited to the 200 most recent images, but I'm sure that the older images can still be viewed through direct links, or as parts of a set.
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Thank you, daydreamer and spiritofcat!
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Wild Boar 1.0
Invented: January 2009
Folded: January 2009
Description: A simple boar that was made difficult as it was folded by one of the hardest papers in the planet. Plastic paper. It is so difficult to make a crease permanant and nearly impossible to see landmarks. However, it is a great paper for 3d folding.
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Dragon 1.1
Invented: June 2008
Updated: December 2008
Folded: December 2008
Description: A birdbase dragon
spiritofcat

Post by spiritofcat »

Could we get more photos of the dragon from some other angles? I'd like to see more of the wings.
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Ok, I will post them as soon as possible
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Megistotherium 1.0
Invented: April 2009
Folded: April 2009
Description: This is the result teaching my classmates how to make my flower (Which resulted in me folding it for them cos the piece had too many sink folds). Anyway, Megistotherium was a type of creodont. I added a mane to my version of it. Anyway, this is the first design I truly wet folded.
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Eastern Dragon
Invented: March 2009
Folded: April 2009
Updated: March 2009
Description: A test on pleat sinking. The head has four horns, though it is not visible
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

To match up to the dragon subject.....
Eastern dragon head 1.0
Invented: December 2008
Folded: December 2009
Description: A simple eastern dragon head
And for somebody else's design.....
Marc Vigo's Kangaroo with boxing gloves
I modified it abit by adding five toes, four in front, 1 behind.
Image[/img]
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Since comments have not been rolling in, I have not posted here for a looooog time
Western Dragon
This is one of my most recent creations: Western Dragon. It is also one of my most complete designs, only lacking toes for the hind legs. The wings were kinda cheesy, however, I like the head. It has a suitable amount of large horns( 5) and overall, I'm satisfied with this design.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

You asked for advice, so here it is:

All right kid, listen up.

Stop trying to design new stuff.

Now, that's not meant to discourage you, but you have a lot to work on before trying to shake up the origami world with your own contributions.

You have got to concentrate on folding. Just folding. Stay away from the complex stuff--you are not ready for it. Fold nice intermediate things. Focus on making neat folds, make sure your angle bisectors actually bisect the angles, be careful on those sinks, etc.

Also, you appear to be folding from some of the worst paper imaginable. Wet-folded printer paper is an absolute, definite no-no. Indeed, stay away from wet-folding altogether, it's an advanced technique, and usually NOT appropriate for anything that complex. And it should only be attempted with heavy large paper, which itself takes a lot of experience to be able to wield.

Get some ordinary cheap origami paper. Fold that. Try getting some around 10 inches. Once you've really got the folding down, for complex multi-layered things, you can try some paper-backed foil (Japanese foil). Be careful you don't try to mash anything into place.

This will improve your folding. Also, while folding this stuff, take note of what designs appeal to you. Note when a designer does stuff you like and stuff you don't. You will eventually begin to understand how their designs work and can draw from that.

Hope this doesn't discourage you. I mean, if you have a great idea, by all means try it, but you really need to focus on folding more than creating.

Good luck!
Ben385

Post by Ben385 »

Origamimasterjared, well done.

Legionzilla, it also seems that you rush through your models. It may have something to do with your paper, I know, but it is absolutely key that you get your creases sharp and accurate. I know you have some pretty awful paper, but even printer paper can give some good models. I think origamimasterjared's advice above is great. Whenever you want to fold or design something, just read his post.

As Jared said, don't be discouraged.
spiritofcat

Post by spiritofcat »

Althought Jared sounds a bit harsh in his advice, I find that I have to agree with him.
Good on you for designing all these things, but most of the time I have trouble seeing what each model is. You definitely need to work on making your folds neat, crisp and exact.

I won't go as far as to say that you shouldn't try to design your own models, but until you can fold them neatly such that they can be clearly recognised in photos you can't expect to get much feedback from people.