Fishgoth

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
origamidude96

Post by origamidude96 »

I love the head of that dragon the most. It really stands out.
Fishgoth

Post by Fishgoth »

Oook. Orangutan folded from tissue foil. Fingers? Check. Beer-gut? Check. Man-boobs (surely simian-boobs)? Check. Folded from a water-bomb base, with a fair bit of box-pleating for the fingers and toes, and a few bird/frog bases thrown in for the colour changes and the face.

Last edited by Fishgoth on May 22nd, 2010, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I once set up an origami PLC. But the business folded.
Fishgoth

Post by Fishgoth »

Gorilla. Folded from a square tant paper. Complex 22.5 degree base with a frog-base grafted onto one corner to form the facial features.

joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

hey there fishgoth, right now im folding loads of your models off your website with my new paper! also may i suggest that you put up diagrams for some of your great looking insects. they are absolutly brilliant and i would definatly fold them! :D
Fishgoth

Post by Fishgoth »

I'm in the process of re-coding the website, moving it over to a Joomla style template, and adding more web 2.0 extensions / applications for the site. There will be some new diagrams, all of them either photo diagrams or videos. This may be ready by the end of the summer.

Some of my diagrams have been submitted for books, but shh - top secret ;-)
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

great! :D
Fishgoth

Post by Fishgoth »

Time for some more Fishy stuff. If anyone wants to see my flickr gallery, it is at http://www.flickr.com/photos/21525133@N06/.

Cockatrice

Folded from a 44 cm square of foil-backed paper. Around half of the paper is used in a series of pleats to create the tail. After folding, I used a technique called 'dry brushing' to give the pewter appearance. This involves dipping a brush into silver paint, wiping most of it off the brush, and dusting the model with the brush. I've used this on several of my previous designs.
Fishgoth

Post by Fishgoth »

Manticore (version 2)

Folded from a 50cm uncut square of foil-backed paper. I wanted to create a model with a full mane, an expressive face, proper bat-wings and a tail stinger. I'm pleased that I managed to get four fangs and a tongue out of the flaps for the mouth, as well as the grotesque face.
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

brilliant!!! :D
oz

Post by oz »

That is an awesome cockatrice! Very nicely done!
endreon

Post by endreon »

I really like the cockatrice. The scales on the tail are very nice.
Fishgoth

Re: Fishgoth's Gallery

Post by Fishgoth »

Progress on the site is coming along slowly, but surely. I've been sitting exams for membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners, so haven't had the chance to fold that much. However, the site is nearly ready for alpha testing. Watch this space...

Anyway, here's a Hadrosaurus, folded from a 9 inch square of craft paper. Diagrams are in the 'Diagrams' forum on this site!

Fishgoth

Re: Fishgoth

Post by Fishgoth »

Right, Membership exams over, fully passed, and I'm now a member of two Royal colleges of medicine. I've also started full-time work as a general practitioner in South London, with a clinical interest in ENT.

Anyway, that leaves me a bit more time to crumple up bits of paper. The website facelift is getting there, and I've got most of the Web2 applications working. While leaves a couple of years backlog of photos and diagrams. If anyone wants to help me alpha-test the website, drop me a personal message on this site, and I'll let you know when I'm letting members join for testing.

Here's an intermediate model I came up with last week. By the end of today, I'll put up some photo diagrams in the diagrams forum on this site.

HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

If that means (in USA speak), that you are a fully licensed, practicing M.D. in General Practice,
Congratulations !!!

- Hank Simon
Fishgoth

Post by Fishgoth »

Have been practising since 1998, but cheers anyway ;-)