Gachepapier

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
gachepapier
Forum Sensei

Post by gachepapier »

I've modded argil's helicopter a little, though it's not perfect I'm quite fond of the result, it's a very smart model:

mes p'tits plis (now also in English)
gachepapier
Forum Sensei

Post by gachepapier »

Here's a try at a comic-book style vulture :

joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

That's fantastic! :D
gachepapier
Forum Sensei

Post by gachepapier »

Thank you Josh ! Actually, it's a fairly simple design, even though the collar did take a bit of time :)
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

Bravo!
I'm speechless!
gachepapier
Forum Sensei

Post by gachepapier »

Merci ! :oops: :D
gachepapier
Forum Sensei

Post by gachepapier »

I'd meant to post this here, sorry about the double post... Anyway, here's my take on this month's french forum design challenge (yes again):

Cyrano de Bergerac :

gachepapier
Forum Sensei

Post by gachepapier »

I've added a couple of CP snippets which some may enjoy trying out - I find them very useful when designing some of my models.
gachepapier
Forum Sensei

Post by gachepapier »

Minotaur as diagrammed by Kamiya Satoshi, I really like it but wouldn't fold it in a small sheet again :

gachepapier
Forum Sensei

Post by gachepapier »

Certainly not my most complex model, but definitely the one I spent most time folding :

akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

gachepapier wrote:Cyrano de Bergerac ...
i don't want to abuse you, but from this special point of view the model does more look like a poodle with a hat and a collar. may be there's a possibility of sculpting the nose in a different way? from an other point of view it does indeed look like cyrano with his huge nose ...

the pisa tower is great! how long did you fold on this model?
if you're going to visit my little flickr_gallery, please leave a comment - a critical one is welcome, too, if necessary: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57625237@N02/
gachepapier
Forum Sensei

Post by gachepapier »

"poodle" :lol: - let me blame this particular picture, perhaps you like the others better... :lol:

...glad you like the tower, thanks :) - must have taken more than a full day, spread over a few evenings...
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

i am a huge admirer of your designs, gache, but i might offer a different paper choice might help.

for instance, i'm not sure that at first glance, people can see how clever and amazingly detailed your albatross design is, being in all white as it is. your cyrano is also a wonderfully unique choice that is hard to appreciate as a thumbnail, all in white.
gachepapier
Forum Sensei

Post by gachepapier »

bethnor wrote:i am a huge admirer of your designs, gache, but i might offer a different paper choice might help.

for instance, i'm not sure that at first glance, people can see how clever and amazingly detailed your albatross design is, being in all white as it is. your cyrano is also a wonderfully unique choice that is hard to appreciate as a thumbnail, all in white.
Thank you !

I'm afraid in the case of the "albatros airliner", the paper was a bit thin and my pictures a total mess (wrong camera, wrong exposure, wrong light, you name it...) - I've got a better camera now, but still need to learn quite a bit if I want to use even a fraction of the possibilities it offers.

But there are full pictures on my blog a click away for all the thumbnails I post, more often than not with different shooting angles, along with my rants. And if those are not big enough, you can click on them too and get a zoomed view in my Picasa album :lol:

The choice of paper, well, yes, white shades are harder to photograph, but I think I'll try to learn that first - I might re-shoot the worst of the crop later :oops:

On a final note, if anyone is having issues with the blog, I'd also be glad to read about it, maybe as PM so as not to clutter the forum with my stuff...
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

That is AMAZING!