Bass

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
Bass

Re: Bass

Post by Bass »

Flame_Kurosei wrote:I'd love to give this a try soon.
Hm, I saw that your tutorial suggested thick copy paper--would thick kraft work as an alternative?
Yes, the black paper Wyvern on my Flickr is made from Kraft. I only make that note on paper for beginners really, since most people I teach still like to use regular copy paper. My models are usually best done with thicker paper because I don't regularly use the thin types. Let me know how it turns out!
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

Ah, I understand better now. Thanks Bass--I'll be sure to fold it soon and let you know. :)
A tiny place to post my things. Enjoy~
http://flamekurosei.deviantart.com/
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

Also, I believe you posted the same link for Part 1 as you did for Part 2 (i.e. they both link to part 1).
Bass

Post by Bass »

The link is now fixed. The videos are all on my channel regardless, so it shouldn't be too hard to find them.

New picture I got from my other hard-drive, the next few models should be some of my designs from last summer:

Wildflower by Bassjason1, on Flickr
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

I just finished folding your wyvern--I'll upload a picture either later today or tomorrow when my camera finishes recharging. :D
GWB origami
Forum Sensei
Location: somewhere in the evil netherworld riding a giant, three headed tarantula

Post by GWB origami »

can i suggest making diagrams? a lot of people don't have time to sit and watch a video for a long time so they could just print out the diagrams and go!
Bass

Post by Bass »

GWB origami wrote:can i suggest making diagrams? a lot of people don't have time to sit and watch a video for a long time so they could just print out the diagrams and go!
I broke up the video in 3 parts of about 10 minutes each for that purpose. That way there's a stopping point for people with time constraints.

My diagramming skills aren't quite what I want them to be yet. I'm working on diagrams for my Squid at the moment. I'll send them to phillipcurl and some other folders to see if they can fold it from them. If that works out I'll release them to everybody, and maybe consider devoting time to diagramming the Wyvern.

Looking forward to the pictures!
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

And here it is: Image
http://flamekurosei.deviantart.com/#/d54cvf4 <--For details.

Sorry that it's a bit sloppy--it was rushed. I will refold this in the near future when I have more free time.
~Flame
GWB origami
Forum Sensei
Location: somewhere in the evil netherworld riding a giant, three headed tarantula

Post by GWB origami »

Bass wrote:
GWB origami wrote:can i suggest making diagrams? a lot of people don't have time to sit and watch a video for a long time so they could just print out the diagrams and go!
I broke up the video in 3 parts of about 10 minutes each for that purpose. That way there's a stopping point for people with time constraints.

My diagramming skills aren't quite what I want them to be yet. I'm working on diagrams for my Squid at the moment. I'll send them to phillipcurl and some other folders to see if they can fold it from them. If that works out I'll release them to everybody, and maybe consider devoting time to diagramming the Wyvern.
cpuld you send them to me? [-o<
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

me too!
Check out my gallery and don't forget to leave a comment!
szymek156

Post by szymek156 »

My fold of wyvern,
It looks like rooster from hell:)
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

But it is a very nice fold of it compared to mine. I like the short tail. :D
Bass

Post by Bass »

Nice folds you two! Glad to see some results so I know the video taught everything accordingly. I'm glad you took the pleated tail approach too, I prefer to fold it that way but the outside-reverse fold was more complicated to explain, thus its coverage in the video. :P

I'm working on diagrams this week mainly, so the next few pictures should hopefully be finished model drawings. The squid's up on my Flickr, and after some finishing touches hopefully I'll have those ready for you guys in a few days.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

szymek156 wrote:My fold of wyvern,

It looks like rooster from hell:)
It looks like a cockatrice! Nice model
Bass

Post by Bass »

Budding Sun by Bassjason1, on Flickr