Cadix

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
origamipete
Forum Sensei

Re: Cadix

Post by origamipete »

i agree! great face on that figure/mask!
Cadix

4crane

Post by Cadix »

Four cranes, one sheet of paper. Base taken from the leaves for the Kawasaki Rose. I also used the traditional crane and a variation on the Kawasaki twist. All other folding is mine.

Paper from Hiromi Paper, MM-081 Salago Philippine Gampi
https://02a9443.netsolstores.com/mm-081 ... gampi.aspx

Last edited by Cadix on December 4th, 2014, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EVERYTHING MUST BE MADE OF PAPER!
Cadix

Post by Cadix »

I wrote up a few paragraphs about my "diamond base". You can find it at http://portfolio.samplesizeofone.com/diamond-base/ .
Cadix

Post by Cadix »

A moderate change to my fractal pattern:

Not quite sure what to do with it. One thing I did notice that if all four edges of the tessellation are pinned down, theoretically there are no moveable flaps (under ideal conditions, like the paper not stretching).
Cadix

New-to-me tub

Post by Cadix »

I've designed-by-playing-around a tube tessellation. Here's a picture:

I'm very happy with it. It locks into place, holds its shape, is symmetrical across the midline, doesn't have too many layers, and is a tessellation. This is probably the 5th rendition over the course of a long time. It's grid-y and not complicated, so a crease pattern is probably on the way.

I haven't seen it before, but it is too simple not to have been thought up already. Anyone know where it's come up before? (I should probably post a picture of the bottom which is where it locks...)

I'm planning to add some rings and/or tubes around it or maybe have it take a curved path. Or make an i-ching tile complete with a broken line or two.

EDIT: I was hoping to get some general feedback on this fellow... would this fit in general chat or does it belong here in my gallery?
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

I feel like either one would be fine.

That tube looks pretty cool, actually. I'm sure there's a lot of potential in the basic idea.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Cadix

Post by Cadix »

I've been working on this off and on for a long time, but courtesy of some help on the internet, I think I'm getting pretty close...

My goal is to merge the two designs on the top.

The two pics on the bottom are my works in progress. (I short-cutted the lower right, so I only had to fold one flap instead of the whole base, but I think y'all will get the idea.)

Eventually, I want to have:

but with a face :-)

Credit to Takashi (top right), Yoshizawa (top left), and the nice fellow who showed me how to make the face on the bottom left, Tuanpham: https://www.facebook.com/tuanphamorigam ... 216537325/. The modifications to the hands are mine.
Cadix

Post by Cadix »

Merged Buddha progress:

Here's the very first test fold of the Buddha components together and unrefined (see my previous post. It's possible I might have maybe probably definitely put the face on backwards and about 2-3x larger than it should be.

Front:

Back:

Face close up:

Often people aren't very excited about my first steps, but I promise there's hope. Here's my first attempt at Takashi's regular Buddha:

And one of my recent attempts:

And now I have to go practice and adjust (and fold it out of not craft paper).
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Pretty good first attempt. I like the idea and am looking forward to your final fold.
Cadix

Post by Cadix »

Finally found some good paper for doing my 'diamond' fractal at iteration 2. Now if only I could find as good paper 100 times thinner so I could do a really nice one at 3 iterations :-)