Monthly CP-Challenge - July

Friendly design and folding competitions.
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Re: Monthly CP-Challenge - July

Post by Razzmatazz »

Kyle2952 wrote:really? i thought that it was rather easy? maybe you are just used to your complex cps haha
If I understand correctly, Langko usually is doing excessive boxpleating usually. When someone like that has to simplify something down to a mitate-like form, it can be difficult as it's a different usage of paper.
Kyle2952

Post by Kyle2952 »

yep, i would fail completely at attack of the kraken, yet found this easy. langko is just the other way around :D
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/89546245@N05
Comments welcome!!
jeko

Post by jeko »

tschobigami wrote:i dont know if it is fair game, if i participate as i chose the cp but i guess its upon jeko to decide.
Thanks for posting your efforts! I think it's probably better if I consider it outside of the competition (I don't want to risk starting a huge discussion on how much of an advantage you had...)
Kafar wrote:For the future challenges, I suggest using cps, that weren't diagrammed (just to be sure)
I'll keep this in mind for the August challenge. I already have a model in mind but am still open for any Flickr Fotostream suggestions.
tschobigami

Post by tschobigami »

Kafar wrote:For the future challenges, I suggest using cps, that weren't diagrammed (just to be sure)
Well i explained in my first posts why i chose this models and it is also my opinion that if you submit an entry folded from diagrams it is your loss... on the other hand i do unterstand your arguments very well and will choose a model without diagrams next time (if i come into the situation again ;) )
jeko wrote:Thanks for posting your efforts! I think it's probably better if I consider it outside of the competition (I don't want to risk starting a huge discussion on how much of an advantage you had...)
I guess you are right :) better leave me out of this challenge. But i am already looking forward to seeing the cp of your choice!
jeko

Post by jeko »

And the winner is:
yellerdude
Nice choice of color and a very clean fold. A better background would have been nice...

very close second:
Kyle2952
I think the foil paper didn't really work out well here. The shaping is very nice, but the picture has problems (as noted) and the hard contrasts created by the foil paper don't really work for fabric.

outside the competition:
tschobigami
the fold could have been slightly neater 8)

Congratulations to all the entrants! Taking part is everything (and an excellent motivation to get some CP practice in).